LegacyGT.com

Front grill and hood scoop?

Hi guys I ordered a half pint of rrp paint for my c mod and my faded plastic hood scoop.

Just wanted to know the easy way to take those two off

For the grill can I just take off the pop clips n pull out or does the bumper need to come out, and as for the hood scoop on my old legacy I could just pull it off ,is the 5th gen the same or do I need to unscrew something from under the hood?

Just took my grill off last weekend and it has 2 screws on each corner on the top going into the backside of the bumper cover and there are 2 more on the bottom that are center of the outer edge and middle of the grill. Not sure if those are still used on an aftermarket but I would assume so since thats all that holds the bottom of they grill in place. The top 2 can be easily gotten to with a regular phillips screwdriver but the bottom 2 eother need a "stubby" phillips or what I use is a 1/4" ratchet with 1/4" socket and a phillips bit. I found out it helps tremendously to take out the peice that the grill tabs snap into. As for the scoop insert that's on my to do list so I've not tackled that yet, but IIRC there are some screws holding it in place but I could be wrong.

Edit: looked at the FSM and under, 10. Body Section (Book 2) > 7. Exterior-Interior Trim > 3. Hood Grille. I found the process to remove the "grille" which is what I assume is the insert peice. Here's a link to the PDF if you don't have a FSM handy.

3. Front Hood Grille.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2wcN1xiWgjHVmlRaUhibUJJSk0/view?usp=drivesdk

Definitely has the one time use pop-its. Back in my body shop days we had tool set like this ( http://m.harborfreight.com/5-piece-upholstery-and-trim-tool-set-99739.html ) that would sometimes let you reuse those pop-its. Of course the set we used was from Snap-On so it was much nicer then the ones I linked. Biggest problem was if they broke which in most cases they did and then were a complete PITA especially the tiny ones.

Archived