LegacyGT.com

Local tune or e-tune?

Scruit

There's a place about 10 miles from here called Applied Tuning that has some Subaru dyno charts on their website. Once I get my new turbo nailed onto the car I'm going to need a tune...

So - e-tune from Shamar or similar? or take it locally to a place that dyno it and tune it live? ISTR etune was something in the ballpark of $150 and takes up t a couple of weeks of doing pulls (on the road!), whereas a local tuner runs about $350 but will give me the car back in a couple of hours with a dyno chart...

What say you?

Dyno tune is the better option even though it's more expensive. However, there's nothing wrong with a solid e-tune. There's some good e-tuners around here, but don't try to contact Shamar. He passed away some months ago. Hope this helps.

Regardless of what type of tune you go for, make sure that at some point during the tune your car sees some real road. - At the very least, you will be aware of whatever drivability issues are present and you can address them.

I went to the local places. All asked for $500. Definitely an etune for me after brutalizing my piggy bank for the turbo and downpipe.

I'll reach out to infamous as they did my last tune and I loved that. Just gotta wait for the downpipe to arrive.

As I've said, Shamar (aka infamous), passed away as in died. Infamous Performance is 'm sprank' on this site and I don't think they offer e-tuning. Cryotune and Tuning Alliance are two very trusted e-tuners that have a good rapport with this community. Contact them.

Ah, sorry. I know Infamous is still around but I didn't realize they didn't do etunes any more.

Sorry to hear about Shamar passing - he was a great guy and did an excellent job on my car.

BREN Tuning is also an option.. ive been running an etune on my stage 2 lgt for 40k + miles with no issues. Car runs great and gets around 24 mpg daily driving.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

BREN Tuning is also an option.. ive been running an etune on my stage 2 lgt for 40k + miles with no issues. Car runs great and gets around 24 mpg daily driving.

Ive Zeroed in on Bren Tuning for my primary choice. I currently have an OTS map from Cobb Accessport and I'm pretty disappointed. I wasn't expecting much but was expecting more than it gave me. Stage 1 felt more impressive then their stage 2 map I'm currently running. How is Bren's E tune? Did you have an OTS map to compare it to? I gotta get some kind of significant result from the amount of money in mods I just installed!

Ive Zeroed in on Bren Tuning for my primary choice. I currently have an OTS map from Cobb Accessport and I'm pretty disappointed. I wasn't expecting much but was expecting more than it gave me. Stage 1 felt more impressive then their stage 2 map I'm currently running. How is Bren's E tune? Did you have an OTS map to compare it to? I gotta get some kind of significant result from the amount of money in mods I just installed!

The difference from the cobb off the shelf map and Brens tune are night and day on my stage 2 car. Just have downpipe and catback and the car pulls much harder and runs much smoother since he tuned it

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived