LegacyGT.com

Coming from 350Z (part 3)...

Well I finally did it. If you have seen previous posts, I was seriously considering getting a LGT, and yesterday I took the plunge. I am picking it up in about 4 hours!!! :) I got a black (with black interior), 5MT, STi short shifter, Momo shift knob, sub, upgraded security, illuminated mrirror WITH homelink, and all weather floor mats. Well that's it for now - just wanted to pass on the excitment and try and make the next few hours go quickly.

[quote name='LandShark'] Keep repeating this to yourself over and over[b]......."Don't rev past 4,000 RPM for first 1,000 miles". [/b] The turbo engine needs an honest breakin period....unlike the V-6 engine you just left behind.[/QUOTE] That is certainly arguable...to each their own.

Thanks guys! Agreed on the break-in. It is always a heated debate. I did a break-in on the 350Z - and it always felt strong as the what the whp claims. This is my 1st turbo car, so I will most likely do a break-in, or at least take it easy for the first few hundred miles. During my test drive it was VERY hard to keep it under 4,000 RPM.

Lucky for me when i test drove the LGT the dealer had one specifically for test driving...When i was getting on the highway, a curved on-ramp, the saleslady told me to "throw it in 2nd and drop the clutch" "Drop the clutch!?!?" "Drop it!" she says...no need to tell me again, too funny watching her grab something to hold on to while i was getting blown away with the car...it took off like a bat out of hell... needless to say i was sold from that moment on....

yeah the gt is so much fun to drive it can be realy mellow but it packs i nice little punch so you can drive along at the speed limit and then when that gets boaring just punch it and your gone. my wait wasnt too bad because i got it a day early and i got the call less then an hour before i picked it up.

Well I test drove another LGT. The one I am buying (in about an hour now!!!) was brought up from a Fitzgerald Auto Mall in VA, with about 20 miles on it. So hopefully it was not beaten/test driven a lot. The only other thing I wish I could have gotten was a tire swap for some Pirellis, but they would not do it...

[quote name='ion']Well I finally did it. If you have seen previous posts, I was seriously considering getting a LGT, and yesterday I took the plunge. I am picking it up in about 4 hours!!! :) I got a black (with black interior), 5MT, STi short shifter, Momo shift knob, sub, upgraded security, illuminated mrirror WITH homelink, and all weather floor mats. Well that's it for now - just wanted to pass on the excitment and try and make the next few hours go quickly.[/QUOTE] I did the same thing about a month ago...I really miss the 350, but the legacy is more practical car

Yeah I know I will miss the Z's sexy looks, and pressence. The 350Z is an awesome car. Mine had some trouble, but it was also a VERY early build. I was one of the first to get a Z in Western MD area, so the TSB were pretty ugly. So yes I am sure I will miss the Z, but I will like the AWD, TURBO, bigger trunk space, AWD, TURBO, sunroof, heated leather seats, AWD, TURBO... see a pattern here...

[quote name='ion']Yeah I know I will miss the Z's sexy looks, and pressence. The 350Z is an awesome car. Mine had some trouble, but it was also a VERY early build. I was one of the first to get a Z in Western MD area, so the TSB were pretty ugly. So yes I am sure I will miss the Z, but I will like the AWD, TURBO, bigger trunk space, AWD, TURBO, sunroof, heated leather seats, AWD, TURBO... see a pattern here...[/QUOTE] I went WRX, 350, Legacy, and while the turbo is nice....It was really nice to have power on tap with that 3.5

Well I am back - I was out driving most of the night. Now for some impressions... Love the car. Put about 100 miles on it last night driving home from Fitz Auto Mall in Gaithersburg, MD. They were a pretty nice dealer - crapy clean up job of the car (Needs a wax job anyway) and they only gave me 1/4 tank of gas :( Might need to bitch about that. Oh and NO free gifts - oh well. I need to take the car back for the install of the options, like the knob, short shifter, sub, homelink, etc... As for driving impressions - awesome ride. So smooth. Love the handling, and I know it can only get better with better tires, and maybe the STi springs. The power is very nice - hard to stay under 4K rpm. Could maybe use a little more power. Maybe like a ECU reflash down the road for about 30whp and I would be set. Love the heated seats and the leather - 1st car I have owned that has leather. Love the turbo spool and that small vibration of the boxer engine. It took me a little time to get used to it - but now I love it, and miss it in my other car. Things I miss from the 350Z - not too much :) I do miss the growl of the exhaust. It sounded so nice. I agree with you pittkid333 the immediate power-on-demand with that 3.5 VQ is nice and can be addictive but so can turbo and awd (as I am finding out). I thought I would miss the looks and stares from people, but I have yet to see many LGTs on the road - and I like the rarity of it. Oh and as for the lighting issue - my Z had HIDs, and I thought I would miss them, but these headlights are awesome. Do not miss the HIDs. Well that's it (for now). Sorry for the long post. Tide - thanks again for the membership to legacygt.com and thanks for the shirt. Can not wait to join the Suby crowd and swap some stories and add some mods (when the time comes).

LOL. A little sneaking over 4K are we? Here's my take on the issue, not that anybody really cares! :D Keep engine below 2.5K and go very light on the throttle until engine is warm. Don't hit rev limit, but wind the gears up to 5.5K+ every so often and then shift. Don't keep the revs up. Switch to synthetic fairly early after a couple of dino oil changes, say by 2000 miles. -B

That's about exactly what I did. Somedays I didn't get on it at all, but other days, I had to for safety sake (after the car was completely warmed up of course)! ;) Haven't got my first oil change yet, I'm going to try to get it in tomorrow (with about 1,050 on it)

Archived