LegacyGT.com

Supercharge a 2.5i

Sell it and buy a GT. Seriously. General consensus here is that you will spend more money and come up with a worse result to try to do your own forced induction on a motor that wasn't designed for it. Of course, the GTs have their own list of pecadillos and they are getting long in the tooth (for the early 4th gens anyway). Get a nice 09 GT and enjoy it for years to come. ;) Enjoy! Welcome to LGT.com!

Am I being ridiculous as to thinking it would be a good idea to supercharge my '06 2.5i sedan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Or would a turbo kit be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

I...just needs some power. I need thoughts. Thanks guys

Sell it. Buy a GT.

Am I being ridiculous as to thinking it would be a good idea to supercharge my '06 2.5i sedan? Or would a turbo kit be better.

Both terrible ideas. To give you a straight forward answer, you'd have to spend thousands either way and only be able to run like 6 pounds of boost on the stock motor. You might be around 200 whp all said and done. And who knows how reliable that is.

Or, for the same amount or perhaps even cheaper, you could get a legacy gt that has that power level bone stock from the factory. And you can easily get like an extra 50 horses from a DP and stage 2 tune.

So from a guy who's been there, if you're looking for something powerful, you bought the wrong car.

Both terrible ideas. To give you a straight forward answer, you'd have to spend thousands either way and only be able to run like 6 pounds of boost on the stock motor. You might be around 200 whp all said and done. And who knows how reliable that is.

Or, for the same amount or perhaps even cheaper, you could get a legacy gt that has that power level bone stock from the factory. And you can easily get like an extra 50 horses from a DP and stage 2 tune.

So from a guy who's been there, if you're looking for something powerful, you bought the wrong car.

We've already told him that. He doesn't wanna listen. We're just guys on the internet -- what do we know?

Agree with everyone who said sell it for an LGT. Or, if you have the garage space and funds, keep your reliable 2.5i and buy something turbo/fast/badass as a secondary vehicle...like an LGT haha

We've already told him that. He doesn't wanna listen. We're just guys on the internet -- what do we know?

He's waiting for one guy to give him the green flag so he can go blow his money away.

He's waiting for one guy to give him the green flag so he can go blow his money away.

Shit, I can do that

OP, shoot the moon! No one has supercharged a 2.5i yet, and, if you're the first, you'll not only be the coolest dude EVER, but, you'll also have to hide from all the women that will want to sleep with you as a result! Y'know, because your car is not only SUPER special, but, wicked fast!

Archived