LegacyGT.com

Cheyenne, WY?

spooby54

I found out last night Im heading up there in a few months, I was wondering if anyone is up there and can give me any pointers on where to live and what to expect. I am in the Air Force and would like to stay close to the base if possible but I will drive across town if I need to. Also should I look into another vehicle or will the LGT make it in the snow up there?

I'm not terribly familiar with Cheyenne (I'm in Fort Collins) but I can tell you that the southern WY/Northern CO weather is perfectly doable by an LGT. Get a decent set of snow tires for the winter (Blizzaks or something similar) and you'll be golden.

The wind sucks up this way, though. That's why one of my first mods was some upgraded sway bars. Makes driving in hellacious crosswinds much easier.

Thanks for the info. I was already thinking about sways before doing anything else to the car but now it seems like a must. Also would I need a block heater? I am just trying to get the leggy completely prepared before I get up there.

A block heater certainly can't hurt anything but I wouldn't say it's an absolute necessity on a gas car. I have one if the freeze-plug style ones on my gas truck but that is mostly because I never know when I'm going to be driving it (Search and Rescue). As long as you can keep your foot out of the boost until the coolant and oil are warmed up, you should be ok. Cheyenne isn't the great white north, it's just a little colder and windier than Colorado.

Archived