LegacyGT.com

Tire opinions

robertsm99

Looking to replace my Continental Extremem DWS's since tire rack is out for a few months in my size 215/45/18's. Apparently on back order for 60-90 days, and I don't have the tread or time to wait. So looking at a few other options and wanted to see whose running any of these tires and thoughts on them. I'm between:

Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position

General G-MAX AS-03

or trying to find a local place with the Continental's.

Had a lot of problems with potholes so still wanting an XL load tire. I'd like something with a little longer treadlife, as I've had the BFgoodrich G-Force T/A in the past I think and the tread didn't last as long as I wanted.

Anyone have any opinions on the RE970AS or the General's?

Thanks.

I run 18" Potenza 970s on my 2005 and was running the 960s in stock size (215/45/17).

Very Good High Performance all season.... I got 25K miles out of the 960s, and I drive aggressively....

The only complaint I have is the 970s are LOUD.

Can you get away with 225/40/18s or is that a no go with the Spec B?

The potenza is slightly better than the DWS on dry pavement, but noticeably inferior in rain and snow. Here in Colorado I prefer the DWS, but don't know about the weather in your area. Maybe tirebuyer.com has the DWS in stock

Only 25K out of the 960's? hmmm that doesn't sound that good to me, I typically put at least 15k a year on my car and drive pretty hard, want some tires that are gonna last a few years hopefully. Think I've gotten about 35k or so out of my DWS's and they were installed in Nov of 2010.

Other thing I'm worried/considering is the road hazard warranty, DWS's only have a 1yr manufacturer (and tire rack doesn't offer additional coverage like other tires) and I've had a lot of bad luck with potholes and blowing tires. Had to buy 2 other tires and have them shaved, but if I could get a road hazard warranty that will cover the tires for a few years that might be more up my alley, so it's just another concern for me.

Archived