LegacyGT.com

2009 spec.B

spin360

Is it spotless inside and out? If so, then, no. Maybe 26 if they've done the 30k service. If it's at 30k and they haven't, 24.

I would be very surprised if a car with 30k miles is spotless inside and out though.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2009/Subaru/Legacy-4-Cyl/Sedan-4D-GT-Spec-B-AWD/Standard-Equipment

They didn't give more than "average trade-in" for the car, so keep that in mind with what you pay.

Yeah.... you're right. I just really wanted a spec.B and was really excited to see one for sale somewhat close to me. Doesn't seem to be a very financially smart decision though. I'll probably stick with the 07 LGT with 73k miles for $16k.

You can always offer him what you feel it's worth and see if he takes it. Somehow I feel "$28,130" is not a bottom line price.

Let me rephrase. There's no way that's their bottom line price.

Hell, mail them a copy of this thread.

I prefer the "blast out offers to lots of people and see what comes back" approach. If nobody comes back, then at least you learned something.

Yea, I got my 08 new for around 30 in 2009. It had around 60 miles from test drives on it. So 28 is way high for a used with 30k miles.

If that is the bottom line for that car, they paid to much and will have a very hard time getting 28. 25 seems pretty fair to me.

Well I sent Doug Gallian of First Team Auto Mall in Roanoke, VA an email stating I felt the price was too high and also sent him a link to this thread. The email was not condescending in any way, I simply stated I was probably going to look elsewhere. He replied: whatever. Nothing followed. A very professional sales team indeed.

Fortunately, these cars are not that rare.

If you really want a spec.B, and want to pay a reasonable price for it, you CAN find one for sure. If you really want a GT, you can definitely find one for a reasonable price as well. Don't feel disheartened by any single one out there. There are plenty.

Well I forgot to mention that was including $1200 for trade-in on my 99 TL (junk). I just visited an Acura dealership last night to look at a few newer TLs and they offered me $2500 for my car.

Tax rate for VA is 3.5% on auto purchases.

Trade-in $23,062

Private Party Sale $24,480

Dealer Retail $25,714

Edmunds numbers which are still a little high. So its about 900 in tax 26,600. Minus your trade that's 25,400 + title and other stuff. With your trade I would say 26k max out the door. But I think you already walked away.

Given the way he spoke to you he thinks he is sitting on gold. What he does not understand since its a Spec B, most people looking for this car are car enthusiast and will end up on this forum just as you did. He is going to sit on that car for a very long time and at some point he will drop the price enough for someone to grab it.

Mike (m sprank) got his brand new for around 27-28k.

I am guessing that it was a leftover. I started looking spec.b in January of 2010, the leftovers were priced in the high 20's, at that time their were still a few at dealer lots across the country. 2009 was such an abysmal year for the economy that it doesn't surprise me.

Is it spotless inside and out? If so, then, no. Maybe 26 if they've done the 30k service. If it's at 30k and they haven't, 24.

I would be very surprised if a car with 30k miles is spotless inside and out though.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2009/Subaru/Legacy-4-Cyl/Sedan-4D-GT-Spec-B-AWD/Standard-Equipment

They didn't give more than "average trade-in" for the car, so keep that in mind with what you pay.

Let me tell you all a little story about my last car.

It was the car I always wanted; a 1999 Legacy GT Limited. Gold wheels and all. I bought it in 2008. I had 1 previous owner, and the kicker, 36k miles on the odometer. Yes, a Legacy GT Limited with 36k miles, 10 years old. It was a dream. The car was spotless inside and out. The Carfax was clean. The dealer was asking straight up Blue Book, $14k flat. I found the previous owner's information in the owner's manual in the glove box and gave him a call to see why it had so few miles on it. He said it was because he had the choice between driving the Subaru or his Cadillac - more often than not he chose the Caddi; eventually he ditched the dead weight in his garage.

Within 1 year it had to have the following replaced due to failure:

• head gaskets
  • water pump
  • thermostat
  • radiator
  • exhaust
  • fog light got a leak
  • it had major oil leaks after the engine repair

After about 18 months, the oil-leak-stopping goop the dealer used to 'fix' the leaks ended up blocking oil pressure and eventually a piston arm snapped while i was driving it.

I sold it to a member on USMB for $2k. He replaced the engine and re-sold it for, i believe, $8k.

I have no idea what the moral of this story is, aside from that sometimes you get screwed when things are too good to be true.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/losdiosdeverde86/DSC08493.jpg

I am guessing that it was a leftover. I started looking spec.b in January of 2010, the leftovers were priced in the high 20's, at that time their were still a few at dealer lots across the country. 2009 was such an abysmal year for the economy that it doesn't surprise me.

I got mine for under 30 brand new :)

It was on the lot for 10 months

Archived