LegacyGT.com

Question about power...

My car is Legacy GT 2008, Automatic transmission, 243 HP...

I have an Access Port (COBB) and now I have 6 % HP more at Stage 1...

My plan is to make some more hardware and software upgrade to reach around 320 HP...

Will I have a problem with automatic transmission...Is there some limit or...

Sorry for my English :)

Read the Transmission foprum here and check out "ClimberD's valve body mod.

Then read more and see what most of do for stage 2.

Get a IPR tmic, DP and tune. Leave everything else alone. You may want to get a smaller boost pill too. I'm pushing 21psi.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The automatic transmission requires some upgrade if you go past a typical down pipe and exhaust set up. A valve body upgrade should give you a bit more capacity as well as better fluid and and transmission cooler.

As far as horse power goals, getting 320 to the wheels requires a decent amount of modification. A good top mount intercooler, a full header and up pipe, a full turbo back exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, and a bigger turbo would probably get you there or close. Instead of a number go for driving feel. It will probably give you a better direction than just going for a numbers.

Some people have said it here, also remember to do brake and suspension upgrades to compensate for the increase in speed.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

OP is your plan for 320 hp or 320whp ?

I have 280whp, I like power, but I thinking another 40whp on the street is a LOT. This thing is pretty quick around these here parts in daily traffic.

Mine is a DD.

There are times when it will break the tires loose in first gear after the car is moving. If the pavement is wet, dirty, isn't real smooth.

If you've never had a high hp car, you may want to walk into the power gain.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm assuming its 320 total since you said stage 2 will get you 300.

I got 255 wheel, which is around the power level you want. Power mods are ERZ catted down pipe, Grimmspeed EBCS, IPR top mount, and cat back.

Personally this is more than enough power out of my daily driver and won't be going anymore.

Like others said its safe to get a tranny cooler.

Thanks guys, My target is 320 HP, not 320 WHP for this moment...Step by step...sure, I want more power, but here in my country the upgrade kids are very expensive and it is very difficult to find them...I need to buy from U.S.A and from U.K. and I need to wait a lot of time. Everything here is going too slow, but I think that the main is I have a big desire to do it!!! :)

Ok. The first step - (Brakes) - could you please send me a link where I can find a good sport brake discs, in the USA or UK? (316 mm)!

I say boost controller intercooler header back maybe a big maf intake you'll hit your goal.

With mid 17 psi assuming there's 20% loss I'm just at 300 with just a turboback filter and tune. That's conservative also running decently rich.

• 2 months later...
Ok, thanks again...Like I said before, I have Access Port 3.0 (Cobb), and now I am waiting the delivery of Cobb`s Downpipe, and yesterday i found a new turbo AMR (CXR500)...My question is - can anyone write me a safe map for the Cobb AP? Is it possible? And is there any risk with these changes?

you'd need a tuner to send you an ap map, and of course send him back the log, and then flash the revised map, then log, and so on till the process is done. 1 map is not enough, it needs to be tweaked for your car. be careful, there have been a big rash of oil seal problem cxr500's, people cant seem to get rid of them fast enough...

Archived