LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2005 2.5GT

Going through this whole thread and I'm impressed with what everyone had to say about the Leptronix solution.

I'm interested in fully integrating Bluetooth with the Leptronix. I was looking around and saw Griffin's BlueTrip Aux. Does anyone here have experience with the BlueTrip or any other solid Bluetooth solutions?

(This is the GT I'm about to purchase http://tinyurl.com/sub25gt. I'm a Sub n00b and if you guys have any comments about it please PM.)

• 1 month later...

Quick question before I order this;

Can I use this aux input to play my XM tuner thru?

Can I make this switchable between the XM and aux input somehow?

I currently have the XM going thru an FM modulator and the sound is horrible. I want the aux for my I phone, and XM.

Thanks in advance guys, looks like a great product.

See my answers to your question in the quote below:

Quick question before I order this;

Can I use this aux input to play my XM tuner thru? Yes

Can I make this switchable between the XM and aux input somehow? You will have to switch cables between XM and the other input. Or you may try to find a 2 inputs, 1 outputs selector.

I currently have the XM going thru an FM modulator and the sound is horrible. I want the aux for my I phone, and XM.

Thanks in advance guys, looks like a great product.

• 2 weeks later...
Got mine all set up to stream music via Bluetooth, Only cost like $7. It works really well, I am using a usb Bluetooth receiver that I have hardwired underneath the center console. whenever I turn on the car it powers on and auto connects to my phone, sound quality seems the same as with using the aux Jack, which is great with my droid having beats audio. The bt only receives media sound, so for call sound I plug into the aux Jack. Loving this setup, thanks leptronix you saved me from buying a caska. Edited by lilbrudder

Hey guys, i don't know if it's cool to cross post this, but i just finished my JDM Double DIN install, and now I have my old radio with a leptronix already installed available for sale.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-mn-stock-head-unit-leptronix-aux-205600.html

It worked perfectly for me, and I only went double din for all the added features. i figure'd I'd pass it along to someone who can use it.

Sorry it took a few days for me to do it but I just paid via paypal. I'm really excited to get this thing. I know that these cars are getting older but I think your demand might stay about the same as the value of these cars drop it makes them more accessible to other people who really want an aux in. Just my 2 cents. I'll post how the install goes.

• 2 weeks later...
I got it in the mail last thursday and installed it friday night. Took a road trip on saturday and it worked great. The install took about two hours total. The hardest part was getting the one wire soldered to the board. I over did it and ended up having to "fix" things. I've never been good at it but always seem to end up doing it. RedFloyd you do great work...Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
i saw a video of the playback with this unit. i want to get this but im concerned about install...since im not umm tool savy? Edited by oneton
didnt want to seem wimpy

• 2 weeks later...

RedFloyd...Another satisfied customer here! Thank you for your ingenuity!

oneton,

You might wanna get a savvy friend to help you install this...especially with the soldiering. The soldiering is straight foward...only one wire but if you've never soldiered before I can see it being real easy to F things up while doing it. In addition, you have to be careful removing panels without breaking the flimsy clips that secure them...takes a little practice.

i saw a video of the playback with this unit. i want to get this but im concerned about install...since im not umm tool savy?

I just got mine installed and I'm very happy with it!

Only downside is that appears that my AM button doesn't work anymore.

I can't be 100% sure that it's due to RedFloyd's kit, because I accidentally started following the instructions from mvigneau's aux-in kit and got as far as cutting the traces on the PCB before I realized what I was doing. Doh! Still, cutting those traces shouldn't have disabled the AM tuner, should it?

• 4 weeks later...

Brand new member here!

I've read a lot of the pages in this thread in the last hour and I can't believe how simple this looks. I've been trying to figure out how to go about playing my ipod/pandora and your method just kinda fell into my lap. Finally!!! I just ordered one through the website and can't wait to hook it up to my 05 outback!

So I finally got a chance to install the kit but now the head unit doesn't work at all.

I followed the instructions, solder looked clean and reassembled everything back but I can't get the unit to turn on.

Has anyone had this happen and can offer advice? I'm freaking out at this point.

Are you sure that the connectors in the back are all installed and well clipped? Also, sometimes the front panel is not fully inserted into the main board, check that as well. Finally, does your fuse have blown?

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 7 avec Tapatalk