LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Idea????

Ok I have a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Premium. What I was thinking of doing is going to a local exhaust shop and having them add a second tailpipe so that the car would have dual exhaust.

The back apron has the cut out for the exhaust tip and you can order the Subaru exhaust tip from the Subaru dealer.

The other question would be could you just add the pipe or would you add a second muffler? Either way a hanger would have to be added for that side.

Has anyone done this or think of doing this? Would like to hear your thoughts on this and if you guys think it would work.

Ok I have a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Premium. What I was thinking of doing is going to a local exhaust shop and having them add a second tailpipe so that the car would have dual exhaust.

The back apron has the cut out for the exhaust tip and you can order the Subaru exhaust tip from the Subaru dealer.

The other question would be could you just add the pipe or would you add a second muffler? Either way a hanger would have to be added for that side.

Has anyone done this or think of doing this? Would like to hear your thoughts on this and if you guys think it would work.

A fair number of 2.5is have installed the GT dual mufflers on their rides... direct bolt up, just need to add the exhaust hanger. You can search the forums for many that have done this, but there isn't much to learn other than "it works". Personally I think just adding the pipe would look asymmetric and cheap... matching mufflers/tips is the way to go.

i did exactly what you are talking about but i used aftermarket tips...went to a muffler shop and had them make a new y-pipe which would give me dual exhaust. new muffler on each side with new tips and a new hanger.

afva.thumb.jpg.f1687d66d32cbfe66aae715b32d1dd24.jpg

i did exactly what you are talking about but i used aftermarket tips...went to a muffler shop and had them make a new y-pipe which would give me dual exhaust. new muffler on each side with new tips and a new hanger.

How much did they charge you? Looks great. And yes I would need a muffler daaa!!!!:wub:

Love the look testa, which tips/muffler did you go with? It really balances out the car.

its just some ractive mufflers and flowmaster tips...best looking tips i could find in the quick amount of time the muffler shop needed them lol theyre 4.2" a piece

How much did they charge you? Looks great. And yes I would need a muffler daaa!!!!:wub:

the extra pipe, 2 new mufflers, the new hanger and all theyre labor came to approx $205 i bought my own tips

the extra pipe, 2 new mufflers, the new hanger and all theyre labor came to approx $205 i bought my own tips

Testa, where in Charlotte did you get this done? It's something I think I want to do as well, eventually. PM me if you don't want to name the muffler shop here. TIA.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4334937&postcount=1085

• 4 weeks later...
Great posts!!! I was thinking about doing the exact same thing! However, my question is will this in anyway void the warranty on the car???

Thanks

Only way it could is by the dealer proving that the modification somehow was the direct cause of the malfunction. So an example would be you add some different springs and then the next week your headgasket fails, unless the springs caused the headgasket failure then your warranty is still intact.

thanks to you guys…that's what i did, went to a muffler shop, got me a pair of exhaust and labor which added up to $210 ( $5 more than testa422's shop, got the tips from earlier).

Feel so good getting that out of the way!

photo-7.JPG.7fb275ba71210b6b8a51c959dfc1158a.JPG

thanks to you guys…that's what i did, went to a muffler shop, got me a pair of exhaust and labor which added up to $210 ( $5 more than testa422's shop, got the tips from earlier).

Feel so good getting that out of the way!

What size tips did you go with?

Archived