LegacyGT.com

38mm+ offset

maineSubi

Recently picked up some TSW Nurbys 17x8 for a steal with two sets of rubber.

Well I'm a rookie to the aftermarket wheel world and didn't try to measure the offset and now I'm working with a 38mm+ offset that looks sweet and feels awesome... Until I hit a bump, or have a carload of people.

I thought maybe rolling the fenders would get the job done, but there is no way I can get this done without pulling the fenders.

Options: Stiffen suspension and deal with the rubbing occasionally.

Throw them back on craigslist and try and get my money back.

Have the fenders pulled and rolled

Any advice?

I'll throw up some images later today.

+38 is a little low for a 17x8. you havent mentioned what the tire size you are running is, and that plays a large roll in fitment. assuming you are running nothing wider than a 225 wide tire, you could keep the wheels if you add more negative camber. that will decrease the amount you would have to roll the fender. this may require you getting camber bolts/plates for the front and the camber bushing or the whiteline KTA124 arms in the rear.

Other than that, and what you have stated, i would pick option 2. I believe in rims that fit properly with the correct offset. getting properly sized rims will give you maximum flexibility with tire size and fitment with the least amount of headache. you don't want to be messing around with the fenders if you dont need to. selling these wheels and getting ones that fit better will cost you the least in the end and you wont have to sacrifice your ride comfort by getting stiffer springs.

Tire size is 225/45/17

Not sure what some stretch will get me as far as room with the fender.

I do have to say I am on stock sus at 145K so there is definitely some sag potential that could be corrected with oem replacement struts.

if the rear is sitting lower(sag) its a spring issue. all the struts do is control the motion. a warn shock will make the ride bouncy, but if the tire is gonna rub, it will rub regardless of shock performance. the shock may slow an impact some, but, at least with the stock struts, it wont prevent travel.

ive pulled my fenders on my LGT. you need the fender roller machine from tirerack to do it well. http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=52

it looks like if you could just add more negative camber, you would not have to mess with the fender. why dont you try some camber bolts and bushings before you start bending metal.

ive pulled my fenders on my LGT. you need the fender roller machine from tirerack to do it well. http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=52

it looks like if you could just add more negative camber, you would not have to mess with the fender. why dont you try some camber bolts and bushings before you start bending metal.

I've never delved into the world of camber, I think a lot looks bad, but will some minor adjustment be noticeable on my tire wear, handling ability?

I'll do some research regarding what's required. Thanks for the input

more camber=better stability and more cornering grip (to a point). It will affect tire wear some, but if you rotate and flip tires periodically, you can even that wear out.

her is the minimum of what you need to gain some adjust-ability.

for the front - http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=SPC&model=EZ+Cam+Bolt+Pair&group=EZ+Cam+Bolt+Pair&partNum=SPC81260&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT+Spec+B&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+OE+Metal+Valve+Stems

For the rear - http://www.fredbeansparts.com/whiteline-subaru-legacy-gt-camber-adjustment-kit.html

Just go on tirerack.com and pick out a wheel that is listed for your car. a 17x8 or 18x8 +48 will be optimal with a 225 wide tire for easy fitment.

Tirerack.com is selling some 18x8 +48 Bremmerkraft BR09 which are very similar to the TSW nurbs for only $165 a wheel.

Archived