LegacyGT.com

Tein Basics & top hat question

Euclid

Sweet, thanks. Would there be any benefit to using the spec b. top hats?

Also.. katalyst.. I know you've had your basics for a while. How are you liking them?

I'm currently using STI pinks with the stock struts which are well past their prime, so I've been thinking about going with the Bilstein HD/Pink route, or the Tein Basics. I'm leaning toward the basics right now because from the pictures I've seen the HD setup rides a bit higher than my current setup because of the spring perch location.

i like the setup quite a bit, it's economical and for a daily driver it gives a good performance boost in the handling while still providing a decently comfortable ride, it's firm but not jarring or crashing. for more intense applications though, i can see the limits of this setup (auto-x, tracking etc)

at the time when i installed my teins (hmm almost 3yrs ago now, but i had them off for about 6 months last year in the winter) i was going to do the bilstein HD / pinks route but i wasn't able to source a set of pinks. being as you already have those, it might be a good idea to try the bilstein struts. you would need the spec B top hats and probably a spacer/shim in the rear will help even out the stance.

Thanks for the info, sounds like the kind of ride quality I'm looking for (the wife rocks the LGT now).

My only concern with the HD/pinks setup is the ride height. From all the pics I've seen the car rides higher than my current setup. I love my stance and don't really want to gain wheel gap.

Not the most current pic, but the ride height of my car

http://pics.theoriginalurl.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=519&g2_serialNumber=1

I guess I've answered my own question.. I'll go with the teins. I can then sell my pinks.

Another vote for the basics. They were great on my '05. Good ride without too much harshness and great handling. Height adjust-ability was great too, especially on a saggin waggin... Good value. And yes, stock top hats work with the coilovers.

Archived