LegacyGT.com

My 2010 Legacy GT Accessory/Mod Tracker

I assume there's a little customization work that will be needed http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fyi-grimmspeed-3-port-bcs-187334.html?t=187334

Wonder if BB will chime in and let us know if he's happy with his.

Interesting.... hmmmm.... gonna have to give my tuner a call with that. Funny, I remember that posting too... must have slipped my mind. My first choice was a Cobb unit but they'll do the install free if I bought it (grimmspeed) from them at the time of the tune. Thanks bro for the reminder!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a group buy right now over at NASIOC for the Crawford AOS. I sent them an e-mail to ask if any of the STi or WRX configurations would work or rather I should just get the universal. Once I hear back I'll be putting down my deposit.

I really like the Crawford AOS too - as well as Cobb and my tuner voiced their preference for it too.

Crawford Performance is offering a Group Buy on their AOS V2 Models (Deadline Dec. 31st).

http://store.crawfordperformance.com/store/products/655

Any of the Crawford AOS V2 Models will work. They are made up with pre-cut hose lengths (none of which fit the 5th Gen GT's). I wound up getting the one for the 05-09 TMIC LGT and cut my own hoses.

I fired a question to crawford for that exact reason... I for some reason thought we shared the earlier set up with the STIs.... but guess not. Well......Here ya go! Now go spend that money!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

qcrawford@crawfordperformance.com

Dec 18 (1 day ago)cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

The 08 and up AOS fits on the Legacy as the platform is the same. The earlier imprezas are a different platform.

From Me:

comments = I'm building a '12 Legacy GT - 18G turbo. The STI/WRX crowd runs your TMIC AOS. Cobb, who tunes my car, fully supports it. Question: Would your AOS V2 TMI for the 04-07 STI work? Thank you!

Just sent my deposit. Thanks!

What is an AOS? Sorry for the Noob questions, but I want to follow along with all this stuff so that it becomes second nature to understand it all when I am ready to do it.

Air/Oil Separator. I'm a newb to this myself. Learning a lot of it as I research my build. It serves the same purpose as a catch can but you don't have to dump it out.

It prevents oil from the turbo exhaust from finding it's way back into the intake system.

Is that what is meant by "blowby"? I knew it involved returning it to the crank rather than the intake. I admitted I'm a newb. :lol:

Not so ...

Here's a link that describes blowby:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/engine_blowby.htm

The AOS helps to keep oil from being ingested into the engine from the intake. The 5th Gen GT's have the vents from the crankcase and valve covers that dump into the intake duct... like 6" from the compressor wheel on the turbo. The AOS allows those crankcase/valve cover gases to swirl in a small vessel that causes the oil to separate and allows the gases to be returned to the intake without the carryover oil mist.

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to decide if I should jump on this today since it is the last day of the group buy. It looks like $150 is just the deposit, correct? Does anyone know roughly what final cost would be?

:confused: My guesstimate would be 15% to 20% off + S&H

$310 to $330 + S&H

Won't be more than the universal I'm guessing (and if it is, just get the universal and ask someone who gets the 5th gen for the hose lengths).

S0712-1: Universal AOS

(MSRP=$384.95, 20%=307.96, 15%=$327.21, 10%=$346.46)

+ $20 shipping

just saw we're at the 15% level now. Woot!

Edited by acumenhokie

• 2 weeks later...