LegacyGT.com

quicks questions

hi i have a little worry here about my turbo, like a lot of LGT owners, and i want check the shaft play. So im thinking to unscrew the DP and go check,

the car is mainly stock just got the AVO air fliter.

So should a prepar a new gasket for the turbo to DP or i could just unscrew, check shaft play and screw it back ??

the car is LGT 2005 MT, i've had the car for 4 years now and i star to work on mechanic ( change brake, plugs ....) in the meant time i will check the banjo bolt and grease my starter,

the turbo has whistled slightly since the begiining but now its seam like their is a stronger sound, little bit like i have install a CAI, (but i didint)

it might just be the cold weather as well( -30 C ) but the car seem more powerful.

So will i have trouble checking the SHaftplay or its easy and it will make me sleep better at night?

Id say get another gasket as it will probably break into pieces if its the original gasket. If the bolts aren't too much rusted you'll be fine. And yes you will sleep better if the turbo is fine and even if its not as you will catch it before its too late.

Feel free to pm if you have more questions ;)

Pick up new gaskets for both ends of the DP.

You may want to get new bolts and nuts for the DP to mid pipe. just break the old ones or cut them off.

Use lots of PB Blaster on all nuts and bolts.

Use anti sieze on all nuts and bolts going back together.

The heat shield may come off with a few broken bolts. Don't be to worried about that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived