LegacyGT.com

Temperature/clock display issue

I know this probably belongs in interior/audio forum but I figured it would get more views here.

I have my cubby gauges tied into my clock display wire harness and everything powered up fine. My boost gauge wasn't reading anything so I took my multimeter and touched the ground and the input from the sending unit to check for 1.2v(that's what Prosport says it should be) and it was over 8v. Then I checked the power wire and got nothing. (everything was unplugged by the way.. Both gauges and the clock)

I plug everything back in and neither of the gauges come on and my clock/temp display is acting odd. The clock works fine but the temp is flashing.. Pic below.

Any help would be appreciated.

rps20121115_150636.thumb.jpg.6e1605a555fbb625593295d331751bdc.jpg

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Try disconnecting the gauges and see if you still have the issue.

I think this is how mine are wired:

Cubby Light ---------------Gauge

Yellow/Black (Ground) -----> Black

Purple (Illumination) -------> Orange (Optional if you want gauge to change colors)

Trip Computer

Blue/Black--------------------> Red

Green/Black------------------> White

• 8 months later...

can someone help with this? I have a recenbtly acquired 2009 legacy gt automatic. It now has 36,600 miles. two days ago, the temperture display froze and wouldn't respond to controls. Then it disappeared and eventually showed again after much driving. the temperature was now in celsius and froze again.

This morning no display again. after long dricing the display came on but was non-responsive.

the ggod news is that the temperature stills works, ac, etc. the off and auto work, and i can feel the fan speed and temperature change by using thw correct controls, but the display is totally dead.

I don't have the funds to have them replace the unit.

any thoughts?

Michael

Archived