LegacyGT.com

Who here has flares and how do they fit?

Fit a set of OB flares. I would bet that they would look great on an LGT if put on correctly.

I second that. The only issue would be making their union with the bumper covers aesthetically pleasing. The outbacks have a little flare molded in, that lines up with the fender flares. So maybe, with a little creative sanding, you can refine some OB flares to fit quite nicely...

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Fit a set of OB flares. I would bet that they would look great on an LGT if put on correctly.

+1 for OB flares. The rears even retain the legacy clip positions, they literally pop into place! :dm:

I second that. The only issue would be making their union with the bumper covers aesthetically pleasing. The outbacks have a little flare molded in, that lines up with the fender flares. So maybe, with a little creative sanding, you can refine some OB flares to fit quite nicely...

Look for some damaged/scrap OB bumper covers and chop them up for the molding. I found an aftermarket brand front bumper cover that didn't pass QC and the rear was from a totaled OB on here.

I've been working on these for awhile. They fit pretty good, but you'll definitely need to spend some quality time with a dremel. Just go slow, and don't trim away too much at a time. I was going to have these on this month, but I got backed into last week, so they're on hold until my quarter panel isn't warped.

20150419_140255.jpg20150419_140248.jpg

+1 for OB flares. The rears even retain the legacy clip positions, they literally pop into place! :dm:

Look for some damaged/scrap OB bumper covers and chop them up for the molding. I found an aftermarket brand front bumper cover that didn't pass QC and the rear was from a totaled OB on here.

I've been working on these for awhile. They fit pretty good, but you'll definitely need to spend some quality time with a dremel. Just go slow, and don't trim away too much at a time. I was going to have these on this month, but I got backed into last week, so they're on hold until my quarter panel isn't warped.

Those look very nice. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Good luck. :)

• 1 month later...
How many extra mm of room do you get? I want something wide enough to fit the 18-19.5 -5 offset wheels I just ordered wrapped in 265/35's!

Can you send them back? if really 18x9.5 -5 offset wheels with 265/35's, you're going to need more than flares. You'll be cutting sheet metal or replacing wheel bearings at a fast clip.

The outline in green is your new setup: http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=55&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=55&width2=265&aspect2=35&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=9.5&offset2=-5#content

Orange is the stock setup.

Archived