LegacyGT.com

Looking to buy LGT, right now two options:

bCaff

So I'm in the market for my first Subaru. My '94 Prelude died a few weeks ago and I'm currently driving a '04 Camry that is boring me to death. It has been great to fill in the time gap between cars but it is time to get something a little more spirited. I test drove a G35 sedan 6MT and liked it, but then I drove a lightly modded '05 LGT limited and instantly loved it. My good friend has a '06 STi that is quite the ride, but I'm looking for a bit more refinement to go with boxer engine turbo fun.

Right now there are two viable options in my area. I'm located in NC.

> 2005 Legacy GT 5MT - $11,500 asking price

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/3395187974.html

75k miles, 5MT, GTX 2-tone seats, K&N intake, Borla cat back exhaust, two owner history and sounds like it was taken care of by both owners.

> 2006 Legacy GT Limited 5MT - $11,350 asking price

http://www.cableauto.com/1153_V20120927173828/Kannapolis/2006-SUBARU-LEGACY-GT-LTD-AWD-for-sale

99k miles, 5MT, Black on black leather, all stock, recent front diff repair at Subaru Dealer, has one owner history but has been in and out of dealers auctions for the last year or so I don't know why.

Basically is there any reason not to look at a 2005? I know it was the first year of this generation, was there anything problematic that was fixed for the next model year? Then the question becomes, GT vs GT Limited. I don't need leather, I would like a sunroof, but that's not a deal breaker. I really like the seats in the '05, they add a lot of character to the car. Black is hard to keep clean and I think silver is fine, especially once I tint the windows.

I'm planning on driving to see the '05 tomorrow.

Any thoughts, concerns, things I should ask or look for? I think the silver one is the better car due to the history, less miles, and tasteful mods. There aren't many other LGTs in the area. Spec B would be nice but I don't think it's necessarily worth the extra $ and time to find one in my case.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

1st one hands down. Looks well maintained just by the detail of the photos taken. Maybe not necessarily worth 11.5. But im sure if thats the car you wanted and everything checked out, if you went to him with 11k or even 10500 in cash and said you want to buy it right now, he would have a hard time saying no.

Money talks.

Second one, the black leather is a rare find. 06s had some differences that made them a bit nicer as far as the interior goes. Plus it's stock.

The first has an intake and most likely isn't tuned for it.

Or you could come to Cincy and buy my spec b :)

Thanks for the opinions so far.

I agree that the '05 silver is probably not worth $11,500 so would have to negotiate to a better price.

Depending on how the test drive and viewing goes tomorrow, I may end up looking at the '06 black on black. I think I would agree with spc2125 that the '05 sounds like the better car to me at this point. The '06 is technically a single owner car, but the history of it being in and out of auto auctions 4-6 times over the last year worries me. Actually being able to talk to the owner of the '05 has been great to hear more of the history on the car first hand especially since he bought it directly from the first owner. I'll ask about the tuning tomorrow too.

How many LGTs have the GTX blue/black seats? I've never seen this option before, although I haven't been looking all that long. I really dig them, even though they don't look like they are powered.

Thanks for the input... I ended up buying the '05. Glad to be a Subaru owner now. So far so good on the drive home today, can't wait to become more accustomed to the car over the next few days.

And so it begins, lol.

I am 3 weeks with mine and already dumped a crap ton of money into her.

And so it begins, lol.

I am 3 weeks with mine and already dumped a crap ton of money into her.

When you say "ton" do you literally mean 2k?

Because Im pretty sure I spent over 2k the weekend I bought my spec b.

Then ANOTHER 2k a month later when the turbo blew... :spin::spin:

Archived