LegacyGT.com

Accessport Stolen while stage 1 map installed (SC)

Someone broke into my car last night and stole a bunch of stuff including my Accessport. It is currently paired to my car so the $%^&* who stole it actually got a useless Accessport. Unfortunately a pawn shop might not know the difference.

First off, if anyone finds an Accessport for sale in the NC/SC area that's already linked up to a 05 LGT a heads up would be great (and the police would appreciate it too).

Second, I'm fine with the map that I have on there now but if I upgraded to stage 2 or went back to stock what options do I have to get it unpaired? It's one of the newer curvier ones (V2 I believe).

I believe your only option would be to purchase anther accessport, when you plug in the new accessport I believe it will either give you an option to override the old one or it will just load on to your ECU. There was another thread like this a few months back I am not sure exactly when, but I know there was a way around this you are not toatlly screwed.

Sucks people have to do stuff like this. The guy isn't up any money, but your down like $700 that's bull. I am really sorry to hear about this.

Call Cobb, or maybe look for advice on the Cobb Forums: http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/

I'm sure this has happened to other people before. If you have a police report for the incident then Cobb may be willing to help you out in some way; I *believe* I recall reading something like that a long time ago. But no promises. If you do have to buy new, at least Cobb recently lowered their prices to $595 (from $695). Will your car insurance cover the items that were taken... or maybe Homeowner's?

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Cobb is capable of unmarrying your now gone AP from your ECU. However, you will need to remove your ECU, mail it to them, and be out of a car for approx a week. Your problem will be resolved though. (except that some loser has your AP of course)

Thanks for the help and direction. I did call Cobb and they are willing to do a discounted price if I send them my serial number (luckily still have the box) and include a copy of the police report specifically mentioning the Accessport. They also said if I gave them the serial # they would put it in their system so if anyone sent it back to get reset they would grab it for me.

It was stolen from Greenville, SC (the upstate). We're about 1.5hrs from Charlotte and 1.5hrs from Atlanta but I'm betting this was a local job.

well thats good news. hopefully they do something stupid like send it back to cobb to get rest.

Or reset even.

EDIT: Forgive NJLGT below, he has a terrible habit of asking me totally inappropriate questions.

LA do you remember your first blow job?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2891621&postcount=765

This is sad to hear...Sorry for your loss. Hope they catch the asshole.Some guy broke into my car and the police wouldn't do anything but thankfully due to police mistakes i was given a file of the guys known address.Payback is a bitch..GL on your search

This is sad to hear...Sorry for your loss. Hope they catch the asshole.Some guy broke into my car and the police wouldn't do anything but thankfully due to police mistakes i was given a file of the guys known address.Payback is a bitch..GL on your search

It is, but you shouldn't have said this over the internet :spin:

Archived