Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has anyone had a problem with the "blank cd"? I've installed it and it won't play iPod music with the blank cd in the deck but if a regular music cd is in it will play the 2 on top of each other.

yes, I had a defective blank CD on one of the Jazzy AUX-in packages I bought. Contact them and they'll send you a new one. It's a good idea to make a backup copy.

Soo many pages to go throug so I'll just ask here:

What parts do I need to make the audio plug either on the armrest cubby?

I liked the one I saw that has the audio plug "female" which is the sat radio and just unplug the male and plug it into the I-POD. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=973394&postcount=1263

Edited by Leonardo

Just a plug for Jazzy, for any skeptics.

Wiring is as follows:

from Aux Board---Mini Stereo Ext. Cable

to Mini Stereo Plug to RCA Jack Splitter

to L/R RCA Cable as short as possible

to Ground Loop Interrupt

to L/R RCA Cable

to (2) All Female RCA Splitters

to

(1) L/R RCA Cable to SIRIUS Tuner under passenger seat.

(1) Y Audio Cable (it begins w/ L/R RCA and ends in stereo mini for iPod)

Hope this helps anyone who needs it. Very happy with this setup.

I need to look at this setup!

I have the same Sat kit.

So I saw here [and on jazzymt's site] that this mod will work for P-128 System.

Looking at my audio system (Subaru Outback Limited 2003), I noticed that it's a P-128 (same as the LLBean 2004 Outback it seems)

A few questions:

1. Anyone this this mod will work?
  2. Has anyone had experience doing this with a P-128 System?
  3. Any idea how different would the directions be?

Looking at my audio system (Subaru Outback Limited 2003), I noticed that it's a P-128 (same as the LLBean 2004 Outback it seems)

A few questions:

Ruffian,

A few answers:

1. It worked on my P-128 in a 2003 OB Special Audio Edition, which has the same set-up as the Limited.

2. Yes, me.

3. Almost no difference--I had to drill out one of the existing cooling air slots in the heat sink at the back* for the aux cable to pass out of the enclosure, and I drilled a hole in the back of the plastic single-DIN 'pocket' dash insert to bring the aux cable into the cabin, but that's about it.

I'm VERY happy with the result. The ONLY drawback is the need for the silent CD, which means your music is interrupted for 1-2 seconds every 74 minutes. (Whoop-de-do.) But the P-128 and the Aux-In mod are absolutely compatible.

I encourage you to go ahead with it if you feel like you're up to the work as described in the installation instructions. Took me a little longer than some others have described, but I'm a bit of a plodder.

Feel free to ask more questions or PM me if you want to get into detail.

*Be sure to do this with the heat sink off the unit, and clean off any metal filings THOROUGHLY before you put it back on...

A few questions:

For pics of this mod on my '03 OB's P-128, see here:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=15274&cat=500&thumb=1

There is a pic of the aux cable routing that you may find helpful.

I placed my order last week and still have no confirmation or email from jazzymt....

I'm psyched to be able to implement this mod, BUT I'm waiting to hear back from those of you who ordered recently to insure Jazzy is still doing his thing.

cfdrumr, and others: please update if things change. thx.

Sorry for all the delays guys. My new job has been a bitch - it's tough to get much done when I get up - go to work - come home & go to bed each day. Then, the wifey wants me to do work around the property all weekend.

Anyway - I'm still here, still shipping orders. I'm trying to keep turnaround time under a week, but it's tough. I've gotten to the point where I can usually only ship on Mondays. I hope everyone can understand. Thanks for your continued orders and support everyone.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Got mine Saturday and installed it yesterday. I got the Pro kit and it was totally worth it. The instructions were spot on and everything worked great.

I only tore one chunk of skin off getting the console back in place after I cut the hole and wired the Ipod charging wires.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Note to iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2nd gen and iPod nano 4th generation - we need a special power converter for power charging to work:

=====================

iPhone 3g/iPod charge converter Many devices made for earlier iPods or iPhones can no longer provide correct charging power to the iPhone 3g and newer iPods/touch and you get a message about charger not supported (as far as we know, this is the case for all iPhone and iPod nano/touch devices released in July 2008 and later). This adapter converts the charging power to suit the iPhone 3g, iPod touch 2nd gen and iPod nano 4th gen.

The size is 35mm*32mm*14mm (1.4" x 1.3" x 0.6") excluding connector part. It has one male and one female iPod connector and also a mini USB connector at the side, so it can serve two different purposes!

It can:

1. Convert charging power for iPhone 3g

2. Serve as a charging "injector" for accessories that do not provide charging

Note! that it will only convert the charging power to suit the iPhone 3g and extend other signals on the dock connector. If the accessory you plan to use together with this charge converter is not compatible with the iPhone 3g for some other reason, this adapter will not change that incompatibility. But the adaptor will maintain all previous functionality (pass through), so if your configuration has been able to do what you want except for charging not being supported, this adaptor will maintain that functionality while adding the charging capability.

you can order it here for $39.90:

http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/connector.htm?connipod.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the best solution. Find a 2007/08 head unit on ebay or from a junk yard and have a real aux in with an actual switch to turn it off and on. here is what the 07/08 looks like.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/gershon23/IMG_0756.jpg

Edited by gershon