LegacyGT.com

Rota or Enkei

Hanger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on many things, like how much do you want to spend, are you a fanatic that has to have the best of everything?

For the most part Enkeis are probably stronger, better engineered and their designs are original when compared to the Rotas.

Rotas are cheaper and often knock offs of other designs. I have a set of Subzeros on my Miata. I heard rumours of poor paint and bent wheels, but so far (knock on wood) they were an excellent bargain.

Hope this helps!

As many have mentioned, Rotas are inexpensive knock offs.

However, the one major plus for the Rotas is the large selection of colors.

There are a couple of Enkeis I've found that I like (very light weight) that are available in only two boring colors.

What do I know, I own neither.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

with a 25-30k car, i can't bring myself to rock low budget rims. don't get me wrong, i am not looking for bling, but on a car like this rolling on some enkeis (save for the racing series which is still cheap but at least lighter), konigs, rotas, or *gasp* motegis just cheapen the whole look. maybe i am a brand whore, but slapping some "fast and furious" motegis on the legacy bring it to that boy-racer plateau that it strives to overcome in the first place.... flame on, bitches.

:lol::lol:;):lol::lol:

with a 25-30k car, i can't bring myself to rock low budget rims. don't get me wrong, i am not looking for bling, but on a car like this rolling on some enkeis (save for the racing series which is still cheap but at least lighter), konigs, rotas, or *gasp* motegis just cheapen the whole look. maybe i am a brand whore, but slapping some "fast and furious" motegis on the legacy bring it to that boy-racer plateau that it strives to overcome in the first place.... flame on, bitches.

No flaming from me, I agree for the most part.

Enkei is the largest wheel manufacturer in the world. Enkei makes wheels for the OEMs. So stock EVOs and STIs with Enkeis look cheap? Enkei and Rota are not on the same level. Enkei comes up the their designs where Rota simply takes them from everyone. Enkei tests wheels for Ray's, enough said.

I guess my Enkeis are low budget:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/geeboyjibber/Parts/DSC00934.jpg

DiscoWagon is right.

Enkei's reputation isn't that great in the states, but their wheels definitely are not cheap like Rotas. Sure some of their designs could be better, but as a company and what they produce, they are top-quality. Like he said above, even Rays Engineering uses Enkei's facilities to test their wheels.

-ben

Exactly.

Enkei took a reputation hit in the 90s by releasing some crap wheels in the US. But everywhere else in the world, Enkei is known to be one of the top quality wheel producers. Its a shame they rushed into the US market too quickly back then and kinda stained their image here.

After riding on and racing on Rota, OZ, Rays and Enkei, that I personally think Enkei makes the best wheels out there. Some of the designs are still aesthetically ugly, but the quality is top notch.

i appreciate enkei's reputation, but they have low budget offerings that, although they make money, bring down their perceived quality in my opinion.

when i see a riced out neon, what is he rolling? chances are they are enkei, motegi, etc. if i see a legacy on enkeis i shudder. i know that this is just a personal thing and i know that the facts about enkei would make some people buy them, but PERSONALLY i refuse to unless they are the higher end enkeis, and even then i would have to not be able to obtain some SSRs or something else.

understand that this is all opinion not based on fact, but based on my own personal perception which i thought was clear in the original post.

i appreciate enkei's reputation, but they have low budget offerings that, although they make money, bring down their perceived quality in my opinion.

when i see a riced out neon, what is he rolling? chances are they are enkei, motegi, etc. if i see a legacy on enkeis i shudder. i know that this is just a personal thing and i know that the facts about enkei would make some people buy them, but PERSONALLY i refuse to unless they are the higher end enkeis, and even then i would have to not be able to obtain some SSRs or something else.

understand that this is all opinion not based on fact, but based on my own personal perception which i thought was clear in the original post.

Ug, I shudder to think that you put Enkei and Motegi in the same league. Yeah, a lot of ricers will run the cheaper Enkeis, but the quality is light years ahead of Motegi wheels.

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about what other people put on their crappy cars. High quality is high quality.

Well your original post made you sound ignorant.

I think I understand:

So unless you have Prodrives, SSR, Volk or BBS (anything above $400 per) aftermarket rims you are just rolling on cheap know offs that cheapen the look (racer-boy) of the Legacy.:rolleyes:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived