LegacyGT.com

well after a few days of driving my jeep around up at camp, and now cruising in the LGT all night, .....yup... thats all i can say to the sound of a fast and smooth vehicle. i don't know how i drove around before with all the bumps and major clanks, cracks, creeks, and thumps (my jeep is lifted for all you who have one)

what a nice difference.... :wub:

Agreed. My GTB was off the road for 3.5 months, was driving a 96 mirage for that time... Got 1000 miles on the new engine now, VF39, and just... "Mmmmmmmmm." Such a nice car to cruise in, running so smoothly, so perfectly. Just a great drive.

My sister gave up her smooth and slow Corolla because her husband couldn't drive stick and they only needed one car. They take long trips on a regular basis in his 4runner. I don't know how anyone does it. 45 minutes in that thing getting tossed and jolted. Not comfortable. I will never own an SUV.

I'm loving my new-to-me Legacy, but my 1999 4Runner was awesome. Highway cruising in that thing was a blast, you'd get that dominating feeling (lifted on 32s FTW) that the Legacy will never have (until you have to accelerate, that is).

all SUV's aren't bad. My parents have a lexus RX and that is the smoothest automobile I have ever driven

I wouldn't wonder - since it's built on the Toyota Camry chassis. The typical approach when car makers want to emulate a "car-like" ride with their cross-overs and convince buyers they're getting a true SUV. Build an RX or Highlander (essentially the same vehicle) on a ladder frame like the 4Runner and you'll see a huge difference in ride, NVH and handling.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

yeah you can't throw a Lexus in this equation.. hah

i'm talking a 98 Xj with 4" lift 32's and blown out shocks.... id rather ride a bike with no seat! i need new shocks!!

but the subi (which just got a AVO filter installed) rides much nicer

Yeah, RX has always been built on a car chassis. However, I will say that our 400h handles much, much better than our 300 ever did. Additionally, it has an actual turning radius which is always nice. The 300 did not.

yeah you can't throw a Lexus in this equation.. hah

i'm talking a 98 Xj with 4" lift 32's and blown out shocks.... id rather ride a bike with no seat! i need new shocks!!

but the subi (which just got a AVO filter installed) rides much nicer

I had an 87 XJ variant (Wagoneer Limited) and while it handled really well (due to it's monster sway bars), and Selectrac 4WD system, it could still "roll" around its axial center and get side-to-side whiplashish on bumpy roads. I can only imagine what it would be like lifted with bad shocks and, I presume extended sway bar links.

LGT, whole nuther league as they say.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived