LegacyGT.com

my basic sub install

biggggant

its not good to mount amps on the box for the simple fact that the vibrations can cause problems with the circuitry and end up flowing an amp..

if its a well built amp your fine but i'd at least double up on the baffle where you mount the amp.. but really rec not mounting it on the box at all.. makes it easy for a theif to do a grab and run

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

is that just a basic prefab? you could get much better SQ from building a box to specs with 3/4" mdf.. when it comes down to how a system sounds a lot of it is due to a poor made box

with the cleansweep you'd notice a good difference between the SQ of your mids and highs if you have them amped.. unless your running stockers

far as the sub, a good line driver is all ya need

Videos -

-

umm yeah professor :) that is a prefab box but It should still match the reqs of the sub...Also I would think cleansweep should still play a factor for a SUB's SQ since the stock radio doest know that its a SUB that is hooked up when it is modifying the signal especailly at higher volumes

but i was saying a good line driver would do the same for the sub at a fraction of the cost of the cleansweep :) .. the cleansweep is really nice but highs/mids.. you would not notice much between it and a good line driver for a sub

prefabs are really never good :) .. hooker audio makes some decent ones and a few other brands that i can't think or, not many tho, you'd notice a difference between that prefab and proper box

easy to build, you could do it :)

Videos -

-

nah I understand what you were saying but I still dont like the way the stock radio alters/eq's the signal. I actually just got the RF 3Sixty.1 and we should have it tuned tomorrow. So now I have the stock speakers getting 40w each from an old amp. This will tie me over untill I get a new amp to push my mids/highs plus I still need to decide on what separates I want to use so I know what amp. Than of course it will be time for the new sub setup.....Jees somone throm me a rope I'm falling down another slope. :)..... This prefab isnt bad I just needed something for now.

Archived