LegacyGT.com

need help with a low speed shake/vibration

ok so hears the deal, i drive a 2008 outback LLBean H6 with the 5eat. Last weekend i replaced my drivers side front axle due to a bad inner boot. Ever since then, I've noticed that every time i take off from a stop, somewhere around 15 mph until about 20, the car shakes like its got a bad cv joint. The thing is, it feels like its coming from the center of the car. Also, it seems to not matter what gear I have it in (using tiptronic), and will only do it when i have a load on the drivetrain, aka on the gas at all, if i let off, or coast, it stops. I'm stumped at the moment on what it could be. Part of me is leaning toward the driveshaft u joint, or maybe something to do with the d.s. center carrier. The main reason i think it could be the carrier is, earlier after work, i got under the car and tried to see if the shaft had any unusual play to it, and it moves around quite a bit in the carrier in all directions, except front to rear, which seems unusual to me. Just wondering if anybody else has run into anything like this, or has any other ideas what it could be. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Put another new axle in, IMO you have a bad one.

BTW I didn't even finish reading your post. Axles are a crap shoot....

It should be covered by the auto parts store.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This past summer I had my mechanic do a bunch of work, one was to replace the axle I replaced 4 years ago. With all he told me about what he did, I remember he said he had to put two axles in, the first one he got was doing the same thing your is.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived