LegacyGT.com

(New Jersey/Holland Tunnel) Looking for a little help :(

phildog33

Hey guys,

I have a cool Stage3 Outback that ive tuned up and then spent 2 years 'slowing it down' with 600lbs of extra sound equipment!

- Tube Amps, Double batteries and RV power inverter, big sawn off doors and fiberglassed speakers everywhere. Super cool

Well... last night at 2am 'RIGHT' before i got off the 78 for Holland Tunnel, my back right tire blew out.. Continental DWS ExtremeContact. Ive got new suspension and big coil overs and everything for the weight. So i dont understand what happened.They are brand new and Continental will give me a new one, but will take 2 weeks for Pep Boys to get it.

* I had it towed to the closest spot and it was $150 at the Pep Boys right next to the Holland Tunnel, then $60 cab ride home at 4am. Sucks

Im looking to see if I can get a 17" donut or any kind of tire just as a loaner to help me for a few days. I can pay you guys. Can anyone lend a hand? I can also offer my help with photographing your car or etc. Im a professional photographer.

Phillip

I have a brand new DWS out in the backyard from when I had a blowout. Discount Tire replaced mine under road hazard but I was in the same position as you and had Tire Rack shave down a tire to the correct tread depth. That being said you are welcome to borrow the tire as it matches (215/45/17) but it is not mounted.

I am in Floral Park if you need the tire.

Is there anybody I can pay $$$ to ?

To help me put on a spare tire you have. I will pay you, starting to get desperate

I can have pet boys put on a random

Tire and it will

Cost me $200

Then in 2 weeks I have to do it again for $200 with proper tire under warranty

Sucks, I'm trying to See if I can pay one of you guys instead of Pep Boys

For some help with a loaner spare tire

P

i tried to get in touch with some members and pay for their help, but I ended up just giving PepBoys money and they are getting me sorted tomorrow. sucks but only option.

Thanks for the PMs you guys, thank you for support

p

ah, wish i saw this earlier.

i have my dws' in storage on the oem wheels; summer pss' on now.

well, if you still need to borrow, i have them around. i work in jersey city.

Archived