LegacyGT.com

Installed WRX 06 5spd 3.70 gears Now NO CRUISE Control

I like the 3.70 gears it's so nice on road trips . Everything work like it should but no cruise control . I checked for trouble codes . The cruise light will light up just won't set . Does anyone have anything I can try or look for. Thanks this is 5spd manual GT wagon

Did you swap your neutral safety switch from the old transmission? There were two types subaru used. On one, the switch is "on" when pushed in and the other type is opposite. Cruise will not set when the wrong type of switch is used.

Did you swap your neutral safety switch from the old transmission? There were two types subaru used. On one, the switch is "on" when pushed in and the other type is opposite. Cruise will not set when the wrong type of switch is used.

This^^^^

You can test to see if it's the switch. Run the car above 30mph & put the MT in N & then try to set you cruise. If it "set". You need the NSS for the car you installed the MT in. Not from the car MT come out of. So the ECU gets the right signal from the MT.

I came across this when I did my 5MT (LGT) to 6MT(STi) swap. Cruise will set in N, but not in gear. Until I installed the NSS for the LGT 5MT in the STi 6MT. Then my cruise worked correctly.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived