LegacyGT.com

Before I start breaking things...How do I customize the airbox to hear the BOV?

I've heard of people removing the "baffle" on the bottom of the airbox? I don't have the need or want to buy an intake, I'm just looking for a free/cheap mod to get the sound of the BOV. I want to see if there's something I can easily do for free before buying an aftermarket BOV.

Any tips on what to do is greatly appreciated! I know I can remove the airbox cover and make an at home induction kit but I have no tools for this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you might want to save yourself the flaming and http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/misc/find.gif

it's not hard to do though

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Just fuckkin search numbnuts. Here :

I take no responsibility for your actions, your mileage may vary, accept your own responsibility.

tools required: flat screwdriver, 3/8 drive ratchet,10mm socket, 8-9 inch socket extension , 10mm wrench (ratcheting is easier)

1. remove two popits from front of airbox scoop and lift scoop out of the way. loosen clamp on intake hose between airbox and intake, at the airbox. 2. remove MAF wire clip 3. open airbox 2 clips 4. wrestle the airbox half loose from the inlet hose, powersteering hose (on engine side of cover in clip)and remove airfilter. 5. loosen 2 10mm bolts from bottom of airbox on top of frame between airbox and cylinder head (Extension used here). 6. loosen 1 10mm nut from top outside corner or airbox (behind and above pass side headlamp) 7. using careful lift, turn, twist, lift type technique you will be rewarded with the front half of the airbox and the wiley Snorkus. 8. one more popit from the bottom of the airbox 9. twist the Snorkus roughly 90 degrees till the "nipples" are within the tube and pull it down 10. start back at number 7 and work backwards for reinstall of airbox. 11. enjoy the new sound of WWOOSSHHH!

• I Donated Too
Just fuckkin search numbnuts. Here :

I take no responsibility for your actions, your mileage may vary, accept your own responsibility.

Wait a minute...aren't you the author of this gem of a thread?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/need-help-its-urgent-and-my-cars-jacked-194302.html?t=194302

Slow your roll before you start bashing n00bs...n00b.

Worthless mod. Really Want Whoosh, buy an after market intake. Your stock BOV located on the other side of the engine does not vent to atmosphere so any sound you hear is coming from the airbox or intake, not the blow off valve.

If you aren't going to do it right, stay stock and stay happy.

Hahahahaaha buyin a bov while stock just to hear it. And i suppose you want fully vented? :lol: If you just want sound without spending money, then stop wanting it. If you want more noise and slightly more performance without going fully catless, get an intake, bov (i guess:icon_neut) and get a light tune.

Wait a minute...aren't you the author of this gem of a thread?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/need-help-its-urgent-and-my-cars-jacked-194302.html?t=194302

Slow your roll before you start bashing n00bs...n00b.

Yes i am. Made it a little while ago. Didn't find anything whatsoever in the searches or on nasioc. And i've learned an assload from that thread. Just pulled my timing covers and timing was off, so i just changed the timing belt and the car runs perfectly as far as i can tell. I will be doing a bunch of logging soon. Pretty noobish of me, huh?

Hahahahaaha buyin a bov while stock just to hear it. And i suppose you want fully vented? :lol: If you just want sound without spending money, then stop wanting it. If you want more noise and slightly more performance without going fully catless, get an intake, bov (i guess:icon_neut) and get a light tune.

No I didn't want it fully vented. I guess I should have been more specific;

I want something cheap/free to hear the blow off valve before I were to get an STI catless up/down and a CAI. I've never had such a quiet car before, and not hearing the turbo is bugging me so I wanted something to hold me over before I have the money for those

Yes i am. Made it a little while ago. Didn't find anything whatsoever in the searches or on nasioc. And i've learned an assload from that thread. Just pulled my timing covers and timing was off, so i just changed the timing belt and the car runs perfectly as far as i can tell. I will be doing a bunch of logging soon. Pretty noobish of me, huh?

Cause you are a noob. Nice try trying to clean up your train wreck.

Awe! i see. Well if you are planning to upgrade later, you could probably get a bov. Easily a recirc and maybe a 50/50 but a fully vented will give you issues even after your car has been tuned for it. You should look at the turbo xs hybrid 50/50. Pretty sure it has all 3 settings. So you could go recirc for now and then change it when you go stage 2 or whatever. But the resonator is easy. I found a walkthrough a while back with pictures but i posted one with instructions so...

By your dumbass standard maybe.

Are you denying your noobness? Or do you really expect us to believe that you searched for a solution before you posted your thread and couldn't find an answer because you changing your clutch really caused the need for a new timing belt?

Archived