LegacyGT.com

Help me with my Stage 2 work

• Mega Users

Turkeylord, sorry to steal your thread title:), hope your build is going well.

I'm planning on doing some stage 2 work on my LGT. Here is the parts list

-Kartboy STS - no STS bushings yet

-IP&T oil supply line kit

-Group N Tranny Mount

-Grimmspeed DP gasket

-Grimmspeed 3" Universal exhaust gasket

-Grimmspeed Exhaust Adapter - Stock CBE is going back on.

-Subaru 2.5" donut gasket

-Prosport Oil Filter Adapter

-Prosport Premium Boost/Oil Pressure Gauge

-Drivers side defrost gauge pod that Block8Head is building

-Perrin 1 Piece Catted DP

-Racer X FMIC

-Blitz BOV-Switching to stock

-AVO CAI-Switching to stock airbox

-tune

The clutch is the next thing on the list. I will probably purchase a new one in about a month. I could use some advice at which one to get. The car is a DD, and could possible go to stage 3 some time down the road.

The BOV and CAI is already on the car. I'm planning on installing the STS, tranny mount, and oil supply line kit first. The gauges next, and the FMIC and DP the day before the tune.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
Why no STS bushings yet, aren't they a few bucks ?

I've heard good and bad about them. Some people said it makes the throw really tight and can cause some tranny whine.

If that's not the case I'll definitely order them....Maybe someone with them can chime in. I drove my buddies 07 LGT with Cobb STS and bushings and the throw didnt feel so nice.

I drove my buddies 07 LGT with Cobb STS and bushings and the throw didnt feel so nice.

You haven't driven a Spec B have you. That tranny is close to Honda smooth. My 05 Wagon with the OEM STS is nice but shifts like truck.

It's a whole different animal then the Spec.

I don't understand how bushings would make the tranny have issues. I'm thinking the whine is just from more noise being transfered through the harder material. The noise is always there. You want to hear tanny noise, take a ride in my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

I don't understand how bushings would make the tranny have issues. I'm thinking the whine is just from more noise being transfered through the harder material. The noise is always there. You want to hear tanny noise, take a ride in my wagon.

Not issues, just a lot tighter. Now I'm contemplating on getting them. I heard the Group N tranny mount does wonders as well.

Never driven a Spec:rolleyes:. Hoping my regular LGT will give them a run for their money.

• Mega Users
I thought about the boost controller. I think the SI drive calms things down enough when I need it. With the lower throttle response the turbo shouldn't hit boost too quick under normal driving conditions. I think.......

• Mega Users

This Saturday the STS, tranny mount, and IP&T filtered oil supply line kit will go in. Will try and post pics.

I'm planning on putting in the FMIC and DP on next saturday. This is depending on when itsme is going to get his new shipment of FMICs in. So they may go in after Xmas.

Gauges will most likely go in mid next week. This is also depending on when Block8head makes his last 2 dual pods.

Saturday...you do know Okemo is open for skiing. Hey, more snow for me.

You kids, I guess you haven't realized you get all the car stuff (and house stuff) done before ski season.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Mega Users

Haha, I know I know....Poor planning this year. Looks like the first time on the slopes will be right after Xmas.

I'll be on a journey to hunt down that yellow helmet when I get there....

Haha, I know I know....Poor planning this year. Looks like the first time on the slopes will be right after Xmas.

I'll be on a journey to hunt down that yellow helmet when I get there....

You can ask the Lifty's at the High Speed Jim, Dave, or Willy if they've seen me or Annie at the top, she keeps good track of us regulars. Willy is normally at the A quad during the regular season. I'm normaly one of the first ones on the A quad. This year I have a Ultra pass so I load at 7:45.

Have fun under the car this weekend. I'll make some turns for you. LOL

Make sure you let us know how the tranny mount works out. Ryan and I think it's one of the best thing's I ever done to the wagon. It shifted so much better under power after I put the STI mount under the tranny.

• Mega Users
You can ask the Lifty's at the High Speed Jim, Dave, or Willy if they've seen me or Annie at the top, she keeps good track of us regulars. Willy is normally at the A quad during the regular season. I'm normaly one of the first ones on the A quad. This year I have a Ultra pass so I load at 7:45.

Have fun under the car this weekend. I'll make some turns for you. LOL

Make sure you let us know how the tranny mount works out. Ryan and I think it's one of the best thing's I ever done to the wagon. It shifted so much better under power after I put the STI mount under the tranny.

Is it Jim or Dave at the high speed that have been there since Ryan and I were racing together?

I know one of them has been there for a while.......

Jim has the beard and is a painter in the summer. He's kind od a fixture at the high speed. He painted the Gemano's house which was on the curve on Rt100 south, the house that get hit by trucks twice right next to the one that got moved off it's foundation about 5 years back.

Dave is the older guy that is always happy. Dave acturally doesn't ski all that well but is trying.

Another one keeps track of me is John Meyer the younger guy who is one of the managers in Mt. Op's, he was a Supervisor of the Ambassadors a few years back. He pop's up all over the hill, I must see him a couple of times a day most weekends.

He was on this awesome Quad with snow tracks on this past weekend.

• Mega Users
got the infamous oil supply line kit and group n tranny mount in. the STS goes in sometime between now and wednesday, didnt get the snap ring plyers yet and im super busy right now. the group n tranny mount is AMAZING

Archived