LegacyGT.com

Strut/Springs/Suspension recomendations

Hi all,

I have about 45k miles on my '08 GT and my ride has got the point where its so terrible I don't like driving my car any more. Every bump is painful and the body roll is just unbearable. I cant really say when I started to notice it but its just bad now. My girlfriend has an '10 Mazda 3 HATCHBACK that rides way better than my car and that.....well... that is just embarrassing (kudos to Mazda though. It is fun to drive). Please help out with some suggestion as I have very little knowledge of how to achieve the kind of ride I want. Below is what i am trying to accomplish:

1) Eliminate roughness of my ride (hard bumps, whole care moves and gets thrown around when I hit small bumps)

2) Eliminate excessive body roll when cornering

3) Minimize front end from excessive dipping when slowing down/stopping

4) Tighten up overall ride for a more sportier feel.

5) Accomplish all of this without lowing my car more than .5" from stock height

** Any suggestions would be very helpful. Please keep in mind that I don't race or anything. I like to drive aggressively from time to time and just want to have a sportier ride that will still be comfortable and look classy**

Thank you!

Having posted that if I were you I would just keep stock springs, do koni struts and a rear sway bar. If you really feeling like spending money add whiteline anti drive kit.

Of course a good set of tires is always the first step

I was actually looking at Koni Struts. They are on sale at tire rack but I was'nt very sure of quality and I couldnt really find reviews on them so I was hesitant to go that way. Would you recomend using the current stock springs or purchasing new Aftermarket springs comperable to OE. I also got some suggestions about replacing bushings, but once i opened that door and started googling and looking, I got in way over my head... Do you htink thats even something to look at?

I am also running a sale on Konis paired with H&R springs and Whiteline front upper mounts. Of course I can sell any of the items individually as well, and having owned a modified LGT in MA/RI for the last eight years, and running several different suspension setups, I can point you in the right direction. Stock springs on Konis makes for an excellent daily driver. If you can't tolerate the stock ride height then a sport spring with a mild drop, like the H&R, is a good compromise.

Please feel free to PM me with any additional questions you may have.

Koni struts are very highly regarded as an upgrade to the OEM struts. I'm running Konis with stock springs and Hotchkis F/R sways and I'm very happy with the ride and performance. It's definitely on the stiff side, but very well-mannered and controlled.

I have bilstein HD's, stock springs, sway bars and it's a great dd. Also I have summer tires that brings it all together.

I would start with oem springs and koni's. If it's still not to your liking the setup get springs they are easy enough to swap. Money would be better spent on a sway bar.

Found these on amazon for a great price, seller has 16 sets left.

KYB 4 struts 198.00 bucks free shipping. Its legit.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/KYB-FRONT-REAR-shocks-struts/dp/B002SZXCOQ/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Subaru|13&Model=Legacy|64&Year=2005|2005&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive]Amazon.com: KYB KIT 4 FRONT & REAR shocks / struts 2005 - 08 SUBARU Legacy (Exc. Outback Model): Automotive[/ame]

I just installed these on my 05 legacy with Tein H-tech springs, Love it. Great ride, half inch drop (maybe if that), and less body roll. I think its a great DD setup. Front and rear sway bars would make it perfect I think. Good luck in your choice.

Do your research and do it right the first time. Don't cheap out.

Personally, I run Bilsteins w/ Epic springs and the car rides like a dream (with the help with sway bars). When the Bilsteins run out of steam, I'll be sending them in to be rebuilt.

:yeahthat:

I'm going with koni yellows and eibach springs. I've used koni yellows on my s2000 for 5 or 6 years now with great results. Very happy with them! I'm sure I will be with my legacy as well.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Thank you everyone for your input! Very helpful! I decided to go with Koni struts, H&R Springs and white line upper mounts. I ordered them yesterday and received all products today.

Thank you Rick at Underdog Motorsports for all your help, great price and fast shipping!!!

Next step is rear sway bars! Then on to some power gaining adds!

Archived