LegacyGT.com

Let's hear your exhaust!

Hey guys, just trying to figure out what I want to do with my tax return. I can get one of the original borla UEL headers (before they started cracking) for $50 from a friend so I just wanted to hear the different sounds between different mufflers. Please include muffler brand, size, UELs or no, and obviously a video :p

The best I have heard to date on our cars is a 2.25" vibrant muffler with resonator and UEL headers.

I have a magnaflow muffler sitting in my garage I am going to throw on soon to see how it sounds.

Look at the track pipe thread I have, it will help with the sound you are looking for.

Yeah Vibrant mufflers sound great. I have one on my Supra and love the exhaust note plus they aren't too loud. I've also seen a vid of a LGT with a UEL header with a STI OEM fitted muffler that sounded really nice. It's had the Subaru sound and didn't give that raspy sound I really hate. Just don't buy a fart can, they suck. LOL.

The best I have heard to date on our cars is a 2.25" vibrant muffler with resonator and UEL headers.

I have a magnaflow muffler sitting in my garage I am going to throw on soon to see how it sounds.

Look at the track pipe thread I have, it will help with the sound you are looking for.

Have this EXACT setup. I will try and get a sound clip here before I go with EL headers.

Oh yeah raspy like that stupid sounding cherry bomb muffler. Those Damn things only belong on a v8 powered vehicle and even then they sound like poop.

that video doesnt do the pro justice, its a much deeper sound than that lets on. its not the glasspack likei had on my old impala, that one sounds like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-N97KeWYOY]2005 Subaru Impreza WRX with Cherrybomb Glasspack - YouTube[/ame]

Archived