LegacyGT.com

Pic Request - Sedan w/ Ions + Added Rear Spring Seats

bbeast

I'm having a hard time finding any pics of a LGT Sedan which has been dropped on ION springs where an additional rear spring seat was used to improve the stance at the rear. I just had my ION's installed and am not thrilled with the look of the rear drop as the fender gap is much greater at the front than the rear. I am still waiting for the springs to settle, but I'm just wondering what the drop would look like if I had used the extra rear spring seats I had bought for the installation..... If you have any pics, I'd love to see em. Thanx.

Ask and you shall receive! I just braved the still-94-degree heat to snap a couple of quick shots, although the lighting is a little low.

IMHO, the double spring perch on the rear makes the iON stance PERFECT!! The wheelgaps are balanced front to rear, and I love the slight rake the car has now - looks much more aggessive.

DSCN1649.thumb.jpg.57ee1f96e729bc3572373e095362020c.jpg

DSCN1651.thumb.jpg.8803f32b0f07ac6c68e9301501a7ccc3.jpg

DSCN1652.thumb.JPG.d258cf9f098a37aeddff8b8df6e2b80f.JPG

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Yeah, there are some others out there, which are the reason I went with the double spring perch to start with. (I was in GB#4.)

You're welcome! Do it and you won't regret it. The rears can be done yourself with hand tools (the right hand tools), if you have jackstands and 'rent' the spring compressors for free from AutoZone. $25 for the spring perches and maybe 3 hours of your time, working slowly. PM me if you need help or have more questions.

You're welcome! Do it and you won't regret it. The rears can be done yourself with hand tools (the right hand tools), if you have jackstands and 'rent' the spring compressors for free from AutoZone. $25 for the spring perches and maybe 3 hours of your time, working slowly. PM me if you need help or have more questions.

I found with the iON springs that I didn't need a spring compressor, just needed one to get the stock springs off. The iONs are short enough to go on just by hand.

Archived