LegacyGT.com

Newsflash : I Ordered it...

gfxdave99

Okay I just took the plunge, I ordered the AVO single zone dual din faceplate

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/images/150_leg_2din.jpg

I figure if it doesnt work and i dont break it in the process that one of our AU/NZ brethren will pick it up from me eventually..

I'm sure it will take awhile to come from japan but I will update everyone when it arrives.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck, Dave! :)

Please keep us informed on how this goes! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Boy you are brave. You know that the US models pass climate control functions through the radio, right? The climate control connectors are actually on the radio circuit board. I would be really surprised if this works, but heck, it would be pretty cool if it did! Good luck!

I need to have dual zone just to keep my marriage functioning....

Craig

Are the Japanese dealers and the AVO guys the only places to get these faceplates?

What is available in Australia currently for those who want to upgrade their stereo?

It's an OEM part. AVO is just the reseller of the part. What is the part number of this item?

Well I believe it's been confirmed that the connectors the same for the dual zone and single Auto AC.

I've just been through the entire electrical section and there's only two references to the connector (i88) that plugs into the radio but isn't the radio, one in Instrument Panel section and one in the Air Conditioning System section. It appears that only 4 pins on the connector are used (power, ground, and 2 to the auto AC control unit). Looking in the Auto AC Control Module IO Signal section those two pins are defined as a digital signal.

I'm guessing that the digital protocol is the same from single to dual zone with added codes for driver temperature up/down. Hopefully the Auto AC Control unit senses it's a single zone controller and controls both zones the same. If it handles one zone we should be able to splice the two zones together at the Auto AC Control unit.

I don't suppose anyone has the electrical subsystem/HVAC subsystem manuals for Australia/Europe/Japan (anywhere that uses single zone)? Then we might be able to see if anything's wired though the radio (e.g. dimmer control). Maybe we're lucky and the Auto AC Control unit has the same part number and just left the passenger size pins unconnected.

Anyone have any idea why Subaru would make one region dual zone and another single zone?

I think I have read that the parts (separate ac controller facia, double din upper) are available in Oz, but like twice the price that AVO charge....but you may want to check it out with a dealer. Its the part no listed on the AVO site.

Like I have said elsewhere, the std radio head unit just passes the ac control connections through to the facia , it does not do anything with the lines. When I pulled mine out and fitted the JDM controller, all my previous settings popped straight up on the display.

Which part no are you after? This one-

1 x [Legacy, Outback] Double DIN AV Panel [JDM] H2617AG902SC

is the JDM ACC single zone controller and double din facia panel for 05MY.

Das what i ordered.. :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Are the Japanese dealers and the AVO guys the only places to get these faceplates?

What is available in Australia currently for those who want to upgrade their stereo?

Since you are in Tokyo, you can buy it from any Subaru dealer there for a lot less. Part no :H6217 AG 902 SC, on Subaru's catalog it is Yen30,450 with tax.

There is nothing available here(Australia) for you to replace the head unit except for custom fabrication.

I've been after this part for sometime now and I'm still trying to get it...

Bye,

Mo

There is nothing available here(Australia) for you to replace the head unit except for custom fabrication.

Cheers Mo, that's the answer I was looking for, hopefully I should pick mine up tomorrow. All I need now is to get a decent stereo ( with iPod link) when I get to Oz next year.

Looking at the AVO price, it looks quite good, esp if it includes shipping. I would doubt they are making much of a margin.

EDIT - depending on time, I'll try and take some photos etc.

Okay I just took the plunge, I ordered the AVO single zone dual din faceplate

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/images/150_leg_2din.jpg

I figure if it doesnt work and i dont break it in the process that one of our AU/NZ brethren will pick it up from me eventually..

I'm sure it will take awhile to come from japan but I will update everyone when it arrives.

This is awesome.. you would think Subaru would allow the single and dual climate control ACC's identify themselves to the vent controller.. If not, maybe we'll need to replace the next box inline.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! BRAVO! BRAVO!

Archived