LegacyGT.com

H tech vs S tech Tein springs

H Techs lower the car a little and the ride quality is not bad

S Techs are more for looks and your car will ride like shit. Only consider S Techs if your road is paved super smooth (no potholes and broken roads)

If you ever had stiff suspension and didnt mind it, then you can deal with S Techs. The reason why they are so 'bad', they were not made for the USDM shocks. they were made to be used with Bilstein shocks. so putting them on the USDM you loose a lot of suspension travel

I have H Techs on the front of my car (stock springs on rear). I wanted some 1/4" saggy butt spacers for the rear and never bought them to use w/ rear H Techs

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/2a25988f.jpg?t=1339377847

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/d4bbb859.jpg?t=1339377850

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

S Techs are more for looks and your car will ride like shit. Only consider S Techs if your road is paved super smooth (no potholes and broken roads)

If you ever had stiff suspension and didnt mind it, then you can deal with S Techs. The reason why they are so 'bad', they were not made for the USDM shocks. they were made to be used with Bilstein shocks. so putting them on the USDM you loose all of your suspension travel

I have H Techs on the front of my car (stock springs on rear). I wanted some 1/4" saggy butt spacers for the rear and never bought them to use w/ rear H Techs

Fixed. ;)

Thanks for the advice and For the most part the roads are good where i live but i do really want go lower for the aggressive look. But i don't want to scrap or rub with my 18s i should be fine for the most part. Did u do your headlights yourself? nice car man!!

Get swifts instead, better ride, better springs, almost as low.

This is swifts with koni yellows, Perrin PSRS, front and rear 22mm.

18x8.5 wrapped with 225/40s +45

You'll hate yourself on stechs even with struts.

7332553348_e31bfb759c_h.thumb.jpg.8e576f9777b1ca612eada2599893c17f.jpg

You can barely fit a finger. the shadow is casting on it. 300 for the springs, spend the money get something that's going to be better for the car. It's like buying BCs putting it on the lowest setting/stiffest setting and on hopes and dreams you have suspension travel. It just doesnt make sense. Btw if you're on stock struts, I know for fact the stechs will ruin them. swifts not as likely but yeah.

Fixed. ;)

really, you spent your time reading all what i wrote and fixed like 3 words. you mustn't have a life:lol:

But i don't want to scrap or rub with my 18s i should be fine for the most part. Did u do your headlights yourself? nice car man!!

you shouldnt scrape if the wheels have the right off set and the tires are not stretched. You would be hitting the bump stops every time the suspension has to travel unless you get shorter aftermarket ones. then you'll only hit the bump stops on fast transitions. Yes you can cut the oem ones but the experienced ones say against that.

headlights are blacked out and used Duplicolor Metal Flake for the rings. Gives them a colored chrome look on chrome like surfaces

I've heard really good things about Swift, and Eibach - they do not make springs for us anymore. IIRC Swift drop is more then Eibach while Eibach drop is like h-tech just less harsh ride

on another note: with my drop and GT Race Car specs camber:lol: VDC doesnt kick in as harsh and brakes one of the back wheel now to corner better. it used to cut engine power on stock alignment when taking 90 degree turns fast. Yes real racers dont use computer aids:spin:

*:ahem: i'm talking about autox not on public streets......

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

on that note, I can fit 235/40 R18s on my set up. Maybe a roll in the rear but maybe not.

Ive fit a 235/45 R17 with a dunlop starspec before on +48 rota torques. that was the closest you can go. I had the same size tire on a +45 RPF 1 but continental DW

I wouldn't recommend S-techs on stock struts. I also wouldn't recommend S-techs without changing out front bump stops otherwise you will sacrifice ride quality - espeically here in SA.

The only problem with H-techs is that rear spring rate is identical to stock :(

Personally, I had purchased S-techs and was going to install them but decided against it because I was afraid of ride quality. Eventually sold them without ever installing.

lol

Yes some Advice usually i get ignored on here, but ok ima look into the swifts i just wanna fill the space in the wheel well i see every ones elses set ups on here and i look at my car and it look like crap haha but im trying.

and i do love the headlights im not a fan of chrome at all!

If you ever had stiff suspension and didnt mind it, then you can deal with S Techs. The reason why they are so 'bad', they were not made for the USDM shocks. they were made to be used with Bilstein shocks. so putting them on the USDM you loose a lot of suspension travel

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/2a25988f.jpg?t=1339377847

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/d4bbb859.jpg?t=1339377850

Thank you sir. Helped me decide what springs to get when I finally get to lower my car.

My car with the S-techs and 3/8" spacers in the rear...

I have them mated with just a basic OEM replacement shock (KYB)... The ride isn't all that bad to be honest. A little bouncy at times if anything...

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392043_3073479515246_2013987364_n.jpg

I've had the S-tech springs since January. Still debating whether I want to install them because I'm hearing a lot of negative on ride quality with stock shocks...

I live in San Diego and the majority of the roads are pretty good. Is the ride really that bad?

where can one acquire a 2" drop on springs....i realize ill be shortening the life of the shocks.

AHA u from Richmond i lived there for like 5 years, but yeh i wanted a big drop to and the s techs have the biggest drop but after the advice from every one im looking into the Swifts.

• 2 weeks later...

That is some crazy drop! Looks almost tucked. I am on h-techs and mine do not look like that. I am on stock 2.5i struts though and my rears sag. Maybe thats what makes the front lift more? Sometimes i can get 1 or two fingers in the front and if im on a slight decline, it looks alot worse

This angle makes my car look low

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/IMG03173-20120519-1239.jpg

But i have some wheel gap up front normally

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/IMG01613-20110208-1305.jpg

Maybe cause my rear struts are probably near being blown and my engine isnt as heavy as a GT engine?

Get swifts instead, better ride, better springs, almost as low.

This is swifts with koni yellows, Perrin PSRS, front and rear 22mm.

18x8.5 wrapped with 225/40s +45

You'll hate yourself on stechs even with struts.

Sorry, off topic but what wheels are those?

i dont think there is any i think stechs provide the biggest drop. you could cut 2 inches off your stock ones!

I thought swifts drop more than s-techs. Problem is, only place ive seen that still carries swifts are $300!

• 1 year later...

im on s tech,s and kyb struts ... rides pretty much like coilovers ...plus im running 225/40/18 tires.. that makes it a bit rougher . but im use to lowered cars ...

the drop on the s techs are perfect least for me

few pics .. i now have 5mm spacers on the rear so the fronts are flush with the back depth wise

CAM00032.thumb.jpg.56c5c508ccca0b16f5ab735bfebf89dd.jpg

CAM00013-1.thumb.jpg.e1d7ed0d60ce7110bd8bc2871a546d7b.jpg

CAM00014-1.thumb.jpg.d965b71663ada55acb930431673de84f.jpg

Archived