LegacyGT.com

Trade My '09 2.5i for '05 LGT-Limited?

way2tall89

Hey all,

Recently I have been frequenting this site because I have taken an interest in getting more out of my car. Currently I have the 2.5i and its awesome. I love the look, I love AWD, handling is exceptional, but the power is not where I'd like it to be.

I've considered adding the AVO turbo kit which will set me back a good 5k after all is said and done, probably even more, not to mention all of the additional upgrades I will need to make to make sure the integrity of my engine isn't compromised. I then toyed with the idea of trading in my car for an '08 LGT. However I find them to be just a little out of my price range. I have quite a bit in my car due to a nice large down payment so if I traded it in I would get right around what I owe on it.

So to my question. I recently found a 2005 LGT limited automatic transmission going for about 12k w/ 90k miles on it. Carfax says 1 owner but no service history. I'm guessing the owner too kcare of these things? Looking up KBB it should be sold around 14-15k. No known oil/trans leaks at the dealership. I haven't taken it for a spin yet because I just don't know if this is a good decision or not.

I would really like anyone's feedback as to if this is a good trade for someone in my position; Trading my 2009 2.5i with 50k miles on it for a 2005 LGT- Limited Auto with 8k miles on it.

Thanks!

If you want a car with more power looks like you found one. I think taking the car for a spin would help in the decision making. Personally I would hold out for a manual but some people want a car that's easy to drive and has a little oomph

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Whoops,

No it should read 90k. Obviously if it was 8k it would be a no brainer! I did take the car for a spin and had a mechanic look at the engine. He found that the valve covers were leaking due to aftermarket silicone gaskets that were installed. Not sure why the previous owner didn't just throw on factory ones. There's also a tiny tranny pan leak but from what I know those are pretty easy repairs. Still contemplating the purchase. It really is a powerful car and I could see myself grabbing an AP later down the road. What scares me is that its been sitting on the lot for a month now and I have no idea why. Its in absolute mint condition.

And I have had manuals in the past, granted they were fun, they just weren't fun enough to justify all the stop and go traffic I already endure going to and from work.

Archived