LegacyGT.com

Looking to pull the trigger on '12 LGT tomorrow

tuck16

You would think that would be the case but both my current cars you use the homelink even when the cars are off. '05 Pilot & '01 Altima. I actually park out side the garage, but still use the button for access as i pull up the driveway.

Congrats on pulling the trigger - seems like average wait time is about 9 weeks. I'm expecting to be at the 11 week mark when I receive mine.

Hope you don't mind that I added an entry for you in the tracking spreadsheet - feel free to remove it if you object: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj68fhzw33djdFd5OWRPUkIxaEdEZXZSanBEZm4tUkE#gid=0

I went with Ice Silver. I hope i get lucky and don't have to wait the full 8-9 weeks. :)

Debating adding the trunk lip spoiler as well before the order gets too far in the process, has anyone amended their order?

Yup, Salomon altered his by removing floormats & splashguards post-order. You probably want to do it earlier than later though.

Congrats and welcome. Price is very good.

A few notes on options:

Weather tech laser mats are far superior than Subaru's weather mats.

OEM mud flaps are more vanity than function. They may leave a mark on the fender.

Subaru rear trunk try is a good deal.

Consider a short shifter over the spoiler for a better bang for buck. There are a few after market spoilers that drill less than ten holes in the trunk.

• 3 weeks later...
So in the '10 the homelink doesn't work without the car on , but '12 does? Any other 5th gen. input from anyone on this subject? 2 data points split down the middle, need more for a clearer result. :)

So in the '10 the homelink doesn't work without the car on , but '12 does? Any other 5th gen. input from anyone on this subject? 2 data points split down the middle, need more for a clearer result. :)

I just went out and double checked, it definitely (outback) works without the key. I just asked my dealer about the '12 LGT mirror (which should be the same) and he was surprised that mine (outback) worked. I may be taking delivery of a '12 LGT in the next few days, I can test it then for sure.

*edit* dealer just had a good point, I have the backup camera in my outback, the mirror might be different

• 4 weeks later...

It came in last Friday, but i couldn't get in until Sat. to pick it up! Felt like Christmas as a kid going to bed Friday. :lol:

Signing the docs was very easy they asked if i wanted to hear about any of their offers, i politely declined so he got right to it and away i went. 1st stop was to Firestone to trade out the summers for some 970's.

It is still a virgin for now, next week ill get tint and bra, then springs and rsb, followed by AP i hope. I'll probable paint the front grill trim then that is all i think ill do until the tires need replacing and then i might change out the rims.

I love it so far, but its funny, i have to tell myself to enjoy it and stop worrying about if something is going to happen to it, because as we all know something inevitably does. :nono:

Cheers

IMG_3190B.thumb.jpg.b951e2cec1320baeb89a9014437e1db0.jpg

IMG_3189B.thumb.jpg.c52b2bf0df71c6531918ad28e7765675.jpg

Congrats!

Can you elaborate on your strategy for trading the summer tires at Firestone? I tried to do this at my dealership and they said that despite being a Bridgestone retailer they couldn't execute a trade for me with Bridgestone because the tires are considered OEM for the car. So they're sitting in boxes right now with less than 15 miles on them, waiting for me to either sell them private party or find a tire place that'll trade them.

I love it so far, but its funny, i have to tell myself to enjoy it and stop worrying about if something is going to happen to it, because as we all know something inevitably does. :nono:

Cheers

And it's irreplacable now :mad:... Congrats BTW, it looks great (For a 5th Gen :spin: JK)

Congrats!

Can you elaborate on your strategy for trading the summer tires at Firestone?...

Bridgestone has an exchange program. Call up a Bridgestone retailer (I called Discount Tire) and have them call Bridgestone. You will get credit for the tires to put towards a new set of Bridgestones.

I need to figure out what I want to do with my tires once I receive delivery (hopefully within the next week or two).

What sort of tires are people putting on their new LGTs? Bridgestone alone has a few different options for us.

Archived