LegacyGT.com

Case of Mistaken Identity

I picked up a friend and took her to the movies the other night. When we were leaving she asked me "Is this like a Scion?" I looked at her in a shock and said "Hell no! Are you crazy? This is a Subaru!" She was like "Oh, ok. It's nice." She's probably used to BMW and Mercedes driving douches....

Guest JessterCPA
I picked up a friend and took her to the movies the other night. When we were leaving she asked me "Is this like a Scion?" I looked at her in a shock and said "Hell no! Are you crazy? This is a Subaru!" She was like "Oh, ok. It's nice." She's probably used to BMW and Mercedes driving douches....

You should have said "Why yes, this is the new Scion LgT. But you need to not tell anyone, it has not been released to the general public yet. Only VIP's"

;)

You should have said "Why yes, this is the new Scion LgT. But you need to not tell anyone, it has not been released to the general public yet. Only VIP's"

;)

I like this /\. Then drop her ass off at Chuck E Cheese and be gone.:spin:

Last night I picked up my girl from school and since it was snowy and cold she asked me to give her friend a ride o the train station. Which i did. Her friend from the back after about 2 minutes in my car started commenting: this car is strange. what are all those numbers on your display cause it is not music or navigation [i have a CarPC set up do display digitally a number of engine parameters. It also has a number of audible allerts like when i hit boost or 3000 rpm and such. I proceed to explain what every readout was...i stop after the first 3 and ask whether i should continue. All this time I drive very restrained since my girlfriend often complained that i scare her friends with my driving tactics]. is this some sort of race car? no, not at all...normal 4 door family car...and I point at my lady. i don't think so...ah...this is it make right turn here on State The little snow that accumulated by the sidewalk combined with the cold weather and no traffic (9:20 PM) provided just the right amount of stage 2.5 power sliding and 4 wheel drifting...sending her almost to the other side of the rear seat I knew this was a sports car - she said laughing. I just said good night.

I have noticed, that when people ask me about my car, I leave my aswer pretty vague. Most people don't really care and they want a simple answer. Since we know and LOVE our cars we seem to think people understand (Or care to). My gf will ask questions, but I have to ask if she really wants to know cause it's complicated.

As you can see, I don't like wasting precious o2.

***Side note. Just tell them you have to drive one to understand.

I have noticed, that when people ask me about my car, I leave my aswer pretty vague. Most people don't really care and they want a simple answer. Since we know and LOVE our cars we seem to think people understand (Or care to). My gf will ask questions, but I have to ask if she really wants to know cause it's complicated.

I agree. Plus it will leave them wondering "what was that"

Archived