LegacyGT.com

BAM 9th Annual Subaru Meet; August 9th, 11:30am in Novato

brucelee

Hey guys,

Just giving you folks a heads up about the annual bay area meet we throw every year (used to be called the Mt Hamilton meet), but we outgrew that site so we're throwing it at Stafford lake in Novato, on August 9th at 11:30am

We're expecting at least 300+ subies, all are welcome.

We're throwing a HUGE raffle for animal charities, some of the prizes include a fully built boxer racing engine thanks to DB tuning, and a Cobb access port thanks to GST motor sports. We have over 10 vendors showing up and giving away GREAT prizes.

Also, we're providing great food and drinks for everyone, the entry fee is $5 a head, and kids under 13 are free. Bring your friends/family, all subies are welcome.

If you want a shirt (Shows Imprezas only, sorry guys), here's the link.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206277

If you want more info, check out teh Bay Area forum of i-club, there are plenty of stickies regarding the meet. We're expecting upwards of 500 people.

This is the oldest annual subaru meet in the world. :D Be there and be part of history! :D

Best regards,

Daniel Safradin

PS: Here is the official thread (well, one of them). Prices were dropped from $10 to $5.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203532

PLEASE COME! I'd love to see all your legacies out there on the day of! My wife's next car will def be a legacy, been wanting one since 1999, but instead I've had 3 Imprezas, but Im getting old and its time for a more luxurious car then my STi. :)

I'd love to see you all on the day of! :D You're ALL welcome to come!

I forgot to mention, we're also having a car show, a cook off, and two amazing raffles which will all go to proceed the tri city animal shelter and furry friends animal rescue. Not only do you get a chance to win some AMAZING prizes, but you will also be helping countless cats and dogs. :)

Thanks for reading folks!

Best regards,

Daniel

This is the first year that it's being held in Novato, we basically outgrew Mt Hamilton and needed a bigger spot, and this spot is not only large, it's BEAUTIFUL!

Don't fret about your car, I'm sure it will still be nicer then some of the beaters that people show up in! Hell, there is even going to be some non-subaru folks showing up, but dont worry, Im making them park far away. :-p

It'd be great to see you there! You can't miss me, I'll be running around everywhere, and I'll have a name tag with my screen name... and I'm also 6'6".5, so I stand out like a sore thumb. lol

Ok, the big Q: Will you be grilling veggie burgers or something like that? If there is something for my lady to eat she would be more likely to go with me.

they are cookin a veggit option

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Yeah, it seems like the i-club forums are having technical difficulties or something, which is strange.

And yes, like the nice fellow mentioned above, we will def have a vegetarian option like we do every year. I'll try to have more then one option, like veggie burgers, and maybe one or two other options if I can find something good to buy at COSTCO, which I know I will because COSTCO rocks!

Just to give you guys an idea of how much food we have to buy, this is just a very basic breakdown of the very basic/main items:

1. 400-450lbs of meat, including tri-tip, chicken (breasts, thighs, legs, and wings), gourmet sausages, and burgers.

2. 3.5 drinks per person, which means close to 2,000 individual cans/bottles of soda and water so everyone is hydrated. (yes, 2,000!!! It fills the entire bed of a pickup truck from end to end, stacked boxes high.

That's not to mention everything else including snacks, side dishes, deserts, condiments, plates/forks/knives/napkins/garbage bags/raffle tickets/entry bracelets, and everything else that goes into making an event this large!

Can you believe that some people on i-club have complained about the $5 entry fee? For $5 you gain entry to the event which includes music, participation to all events, car show, etc, etc, great bbq food and drinks, etc. What can you really even get these days for $5?

If the vendors didn't support us, the cost for entry would be like $25 each just to pay for all the food, drinks, and supplies! People are such cheap skates!

• 3 weeks later...
there were a few legacy's out there and i talked to one owner but wasnt sure if that person is on this board. i was the one with the pedobear sticker on the back window

I think that'd be me who you were talking to. :)

i couldnt go :( wokeup at 1pm

wedding the night before.... open bar... yah...

yeah, I feel ya... Open bar pretty much means that you will be doing NOTHING the day after. :lol:

On my wedding day we had an open bar for 6 hours straight, OMG I was soooooooooooooooooooooooo gone!

Archived