LegacyGT.com

water in the cabin

I found water on the passenger side rubber mat twice. I noticed it coming from under the glove compartment close to the center console. I've yet to tear it down, I'm wondering if anyone have had this issue. If yes please let me know what I'm jumping into.

Clogged drain tube for the A/C. You can see it from the bottom of the engine bay. Blow it out with some air.

Can confirm, beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt, that that's your problem. Just hook a blow tip to a compressor and blow it out, alternatively a can of compressed "PC CLEANING" air will do the trick as well.

Car will need to be up on ramps/jack/lift. The tube is on the passenger-side against the firewall. Can't miss it.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I actually had better luck blowing it out from inside the car. I removed the Four rivets on the trim piece under the glove box and looked up by the left side of the passenger footwell. There it was, a black rubber hose wrapped around a plastic nipple attached to a plastic box. Pulled it down and blew it out and stopped my leaks in the car. Blowing up didn't resolve it for me the first time

So I had a large puddle in the ps footwell twice.

Had a subaru tech check the drain tube and he said it was clear.

No sunroof.

I saw water dripping from the blower area.

A white tissue to collect the dripping, check the color.

• No color - condensation.
  • Color - leaking core.
  • Oily - leaking AC evaporator.

453747.png

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately not something I can look into until I'm at the shop but that's wasorinally checked by the dealer.

I think someone found that a spyder was building a nest in there tube. Blow it out agian.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived