LegacyGT.com

Backup camera an option...but not an option. wtf?

schwinghammer

I've been playing around with building a 2013 Outback for my wife and I'd like to get it with a backup camera. She hit my 1999 LGT Ltd once backing out of the garage.. never again.

I don't see anywhere in the configurator where you can select backup camera as an option, but in the Key Features table it says it's available on the Limited and Premium.

What gives?

Back up camera only comes with navi, but you can buy the mirror cam. Meaning replace your factory mirror with the one that once you put the car in reverse, the camera will automatically turn on and half of the cpscreen will be a mirror, the other half what is behind you. Done deal and no need then for navigation...
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

yeah. lets talk about that RIDICULOUSNESS.

I'm looking at 2 cars, the Outback and the Mazda CX5. If I want the Navigation on EITHER of them, I have to get a hooptie audio system and a moon roof.

WHAT

THE

SH!T

IS

UP

WITH

THAT

WHY the hell is a MOON ROOF required for a NAVIGATION. I can understand the backup cam/navi requirements, so they're not making a bunch of differently capable in-dash systems, but the moon roof for flipsake?

• 3 weeks later...
I can understand the backup cam/navi requirements, so they're not making a bunch of differently capable in-dash systems, but the moon roof for flipsake?
If you are just looking for the backup camera, if you get the moonroof, you get the camera integrated into the rearview mirror - you can do that on the premium without adding navigation to keep costs down.

Meh in dash navigation is not worth it IMHO. Much rather get a nice Garmin (that actually works unlike the OEM Navi half the time). Yes it can be stolen... but I suppose you are kind of out of luck if you want a backup camera and thus get navi and a moonroof, which you necessarily don't want. Aftermarket maybe? Not sure on price though. They do exist however!

Archived