LegacyGT.com

Gimmick Exhaust

Does anyone have the Gimmick motorsports 3" Turbo Back Exhaust system? I am wondering whether it is a decent set up or not. I may be getting a gimmick catless up pipe from someone also. Please help

Thanks

07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

I do......

Its a rebrand of the xo2, ebay one. Fits like ass, its rubbing thru my one heatsheild and I tried to fix it and its making a rattling noise now.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

It is exactly what you expect for a $300-400 exhaust. I got a lot of compliments on the sound of my whip and if you bend the heat shield when you see the problem during install instead of just continuing anyway you wont have a heat shield issue. I used a mallet. I also used a band clamp to raise the mufflers to the bumper.

You did checking out a couple of vendor threads where tons of people have responded about their purchase right?

i bought one. never installed though. I got a used magnaflow instead and have my Gimmik to sell. I saw one installed @ WBM and the tips seemed to stick out the back slightly (inch or so). wasnt opposed to the look or to the exhaust in general (low price) but i got a good deal on my magnaflow and ya cant really argue with its tone

• 4 weeks later...
I just installed the GMS, sounds good, especially at high rpm, the driver's side tip is a little bit to the inside, and I did remove one of the heatshields(12mm bolts). In terms of fitment otherwise, it's good, might see what an exhaust shop can do about the tip. No rattles yet.

i used clamps to center the exhaust, i like it. Its freakin loud =P i got the heatshield out of the way but it still rubs once in a blue moon so i will just take off or just cut that area off when i feel like it. Overall its good. cant beat it for the price

I think I am going to go with the SPT cat back system and go from there. I like the way it sounds and looks.
07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

I think I am going to go with the SPT cat back system and go from there. I like the way it sounds and looks.

v2 SPT is just awesome. Totally not worth the $ IMO (it is PIPES!) but looks and sounds absolutely flawless. First time I saw one I immediately asked about it.

Archived