LegacyGT.com

Without Turbo

• Mega Users

Everyone just take it easy! Get flame suit on quick Mel

It would be in your best interest to not pursue this. You would have to modify so many things to make your car slower and way less fun to drive. Trade it for a 2.5i and let someone else have fun with the turbo.

Any particular reason? You get a slightly skewed view of cars on any forum. There are plenty of people on here with OEM turbo's with 100k or more on them. Mine is at 90k with no shaft play.

If you want a subaru with more reliability and don't care about power a N/A might be the right way to go.

Well I got the car right before christmas and two weeks later the turbo went out on it. Not it is making the same noises it was before and I don't want to drive it again until I can understand what is wrong with it. I have to get it down to my parents to have it looked at by my dad and brother. This car seems to be more trouble than what I thought it was going to be. I has only 70,000 miles on it.

Get AAA and use the free 100 mile tow. I completely understand if you want to detune it for better fuel mileage (an accessport in economy mode would work) but if the turbo is smoked or going south then definitly DON'T RUN IT! or you will buying a motor.

AS others have mentioned check the oil feed line to the turbo for blocked flow. Kind of reminds me of the sludge problems in the 1.8T in the older Audi A4s.

AS others have mentioned check the oil feed line to the turbo for blocked flow. Kind of reminds me of the sludge problems in the 1.8T in the older Audi A4s.

Yeah, that one has bitten me on the ass before, specifically in an A4. When dealing with turbo failure, always check the oil and coolant supply to the turbo.

Archived