LegacyGT.com

Sway Bar Comparo

lowrider418

finally im ready for some suspension tightening and i need all the help i can get...let me apologize in advance if this is a repeat of another thread.

my suspension is stock, but thats about to change. i have some prospects in my mind, but i know nothing about suspension. i have a set of STi springs and struts available to me, but will they fit? how about just the springs?

also, which sway bar is the best? do i need both from and rear? or is a rear sufficient for an improvement in turning (20-40-60-80mph). and would i need endlinks? or can i just get the sways with the stock links?

like i said and you can see, i know nothing about suspension, thats why im asking the experts. if you guys have time help a fellow LEGGTer out....

thanks

Let me try to help..do a search and you will find a ton more info.

When we refer to STI springs (usually called pinks) we do not actually mean springs off an Impreza STI. We are referring to LGT specific springs made by STI. Now..assuming you have a set of LGT specific STI springs (Pinks) then they should fit no problem...

Swaybars...there are many. Cobb, AVO, Cusco, JDM, Whiteline, and many more. I believe most aftermarket swaybars do not require endlinks. However if you lower the car, it is a smart idea to get the aftermarket endlinks to avoid future problems with you stock ones. You could run either just a rear bar (like me, I have a JDM rear sway with stock endlinks) or you could run both front and rear..it depends what type of performance and balance you want. The combo of good springs (and dampers) and sways will definitely improve handling at any speed.

Do a search it will be very educational.

Archived