LegacyGT.com

Lol at local Subbie dealer?

Wow these guys are gonna try to charge me $240 for a oil cooler gasket install? Thats using my 100k miles discount. If it was for a new cooler and gasket then maybe. Not for a $6 part thats been sitting in my trunk for the last 2 1/2 years. Think they were trying cause they are changing out my oil pan.

I'm sure they are looking at the whole job.

Think about what has to happen to R&R the seal.

Remove bottom engine cover, drain coolant and oil, disconnect coolant hoses to cooler, remove oil filter, remove large bolt that holds cooler on.

Replace everything you did, charge you for new fluids.

Or you could go the Harbor Fright buy the deep socket set for $20.00, jack up the car, remove the oil filter, use the 24mm deep socket to remove the oil cooler, R&R the seal, then put it back together.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I was there on warranty work. I have that Warranty Solutions thats been awesome. Im getting my ball joints done. Tech said the oil pan was leaking. I've never notice it. Since its covered change it out then. This way I know that the pan is clean of any gunk or debris. Not complaining its only $100 deductable. I nevered change it cause I could live with a slight drip. I will do it as soon as the weather clears up and it gets warmer. Told them dont find any more parts that I have to come out of my pocket. I have 7k miles left so Ill be looking for other things.

Archived