LegacyGT.com

Stereo swap - P-201UH to P-204UH

Aethyrial

I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere else, but I wanted to just get a direct answer for clarity as I couldn't find anywhere that explicitly said it.

I have a 2005 Outback LL Bean with the P-201UH head unit. I want to swap it for the P-204UH head unit but have a few questions.

1. Is it a fairly simple and direct swap between the two units?

2. Is this directly compatible with my current vehicle (steering wheel controls work)?

3. Given the obvious AUX and SAT options, what would I actually need to do to get the AUX and SAT options working?

4. Once I have the SAT functionality working, am I restricted to Sirius or XM?

Thanks again for answering questions that have most likely already been answered.

Pretty easy swap. Does your car have the factory subwoofer? I think the wiring for the subwoofer was changed for the different units.

There's the thread you linked to as well as another:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-spec-b-radio-information-thread-50364.html

For the Aux input, you have a couple of options. You can do what is shown in the thread you linked to (replacing the console box and installing the required connectors and wiring)

I however used the little adapter pictured here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3059586&postcount=468

Simple plug in to the back of the radio, and instead of replacing the console bin I simply ran a stereo 3.5mm cable from the back of the headunit and out under the cupholders next to the passenger seat.

The SAT is yet another input, I think it takes both the Sirius and XM, I'm not sure which unit was restricted to just XM. But beware, the Siruis tuner is over $300 from Subaru :rolleyes:

Archived