LegacyGT.com

Lack of power when cold/ first start up

Hello, when i first start up my 1995 L 2.2 i have a lack of power problem. Ive changed the fuel filter, new plugs and wires, cleaned the MAF and have no error codes. I replaced the rear o2 sensor last fall also. This was giving me an error code which once i replaced it, i have no more codes. Once the car is warm the car runs fine. I have ran sea foam in my fuel thinking it would help clean my injectors with no luck. The motor has 192,000 miles on it. Any other suggestions to try?

Compression builds as the engine heats up sounds like a normal old car thing as long as it does run well at operating temperature. It states in owner manuals not to drive the car hard until the gauge is near the middle

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hello;

Pull the plugs and do a compression check when the engine is cold. Disconnect the wire to the coil pak and unplug the wires to the fuel pump. Open up the throttle body when cranking. I am guessing this puppy may need the valves ground. If you have low compression, squirt some oil into the cylinder and see if it rises. If it does, the rings are going. If not the valves are leaking. Here is an old trick to try, pour two ounces of Solder Seal Liquid Wrench into each cylinder. Put the plugs back in and turn the engine over about ten times. Let the engine set overnight. Connect the coil pak and fuel pump and start the next morning and run for fifty miles. Promptly change the oil and filter after the run. This knocks out the carbon from around the rings and combustion chamber, allowing the rings to expand as they should. Steven.

Archived