LegacyGT.com

Installed centric cryo rotors, ST pads, GS brace, SS lines, ATE fluid, VERY HAPPY

Serb Legacy GT

So I finally got to put on my new brake set up I bought in July. The set-up is as follows, purchased from Infamous Performance....

Centric Premium Cryo rotors (blank rotors)

Stop Tech performance street pads

Technica stainless steel lines

Grimspeed Brace

ATE Super Blue brake fluid

I am very happy with the brake feel...it's MUCH MUCH better. The pedal feel is much more instant, and the sponginess that was there is no more. When coming to a stop from say 45 mph, just tap the brake a bit and it starts to bite...tap a little bit more and it goes from bite to stop, and the car stops like now. It really feels excellent, very close to my E36 M3...I'd say about 90% there which is saying something since that car has some very good brakes.

This set-up was not overly expensive, and to me is proof that you don't need to spend all that money on the dba 4000's or 5000's drilled/slotted for your street car. Instead of spending all that money on just those rotors, you can pretty much buy the entire set-up that I have and be more than satisfied with it. The brake feel is just excellent now, couldn't be happier.

I haven't had a chance to see the dusting, but it's probably no worse than stock. Thanks for being the guinea pig dingbang! Since I'm new to Subaru and have owned the car for 4 months and 2k miles, this site was very helpful in re-thinking my brake needs. I read about the 'warp rotor' issue and thought maybe I need a dba 4000 or even 5000 2 piece rotor, but some great advice from the members here really helped out. Plus Mike at infamous performance really helped out with some great info and making final choices.

End result, I am beyond happy with the brakes and brake feel. You just can't go wrong with the set-up I got :)

Rotors F+R were $270-ish

Brake Pads F+R were $129

SS Lines $111

GS Brace $88

ATE Fluid $30

So just under $630 delivered to my door.

For reference, dba 4000 drilled/slotted F+R is $600 just for the rotors. dba 5000 you're looking at $792 just for the front rotors! They're awesome rotors, but neither are worth it for a street driven car.

Archived