My $250 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

How much was your Subaru?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How much was your Subaru?

• Under $500
    • Over $500
    • Over $1000
    • Would rather not say!

In November of 2011, I purchased a 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited automatic transmission with a little over 230,000 miles from a close friend for $250....no I was not taking advantage...we were both aware it was worth more...but she wanted me to have it. At the time the only major things wrong besides some very minor rust were the transmission had a hesitation going into a forward gear, and it needed an O2 sensor. Both the interior and exterior were in very good condition. The paint was still shiny (except for two minor rust spots smaller than a dime and one scratch on the passenger side bumper cover. The interior had some minor coffee stains that wiped out, but no rips or tears in the leather seats. The history of the car was fairly known due to original documentation still in the car. The car has a M/Y build date of August 1999. It was purchased new from Colonial Motorcars LTD of Kingston, NY. on October 1, 1999. The warranty and maintenance booklet lists the Subie as having 11 miles at the time of sale. It appears it was purchased without a lienholder as the Added Security form list the lienholder as n/a. The Gold Plan Security Agreement took effect on March 16, 2000 and cost $1190. The owner was listed as having lived in Garden City, NY. Sometime by 2004 it had made its way back to Colonial Motorcars LTD, because that's where my friend's grandfather purchased it for her with approx. 80,000 miles for about $12,000. She owned it, maintained it, and drove it until she sold it to me, as I said, in November 2011. Next post I will mention about the repairs and upgrades I have performed (Some with help and some without help) since I've owned it. However, suffice it to say I drove it for another 35,000+ miles before changing the transmission or performing any major repairs. Also I will post pictures on my continuation of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived