LegacyGT.com

What did you pay for your leftover 05?

mand3j

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't buy a leftover '05, but I did just see this one on a Seattle area Subaru dealer's website. I saw it two weeks ago on the website and it's still listed on the website today:

Red Garnet '05 manual GT Limited wagon

10 miles

$25281

I know quite a few people are looking for manual GT wagons...

A-B-C, 1-2-3.

Love my RBP GT!

I'm looking at used ones (no new ones left with color I want anywhere near me, plus I'd rather save the money), but here's a new one listed for $25,281:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=180107744&dealer_id=70223&car_year=2005&model=LEGACY&bkms=1142121892602&make2=sel_one&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=2005&engine=&certified=&fuel=&search_type=new&distance=0&make=SUB&color=&min_price=&body_style=WAGON&drive=&max_mileage=&address=94043&advanced=y&end_year=2005&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=739

OTOH it's red w/ the wood interior, probably the single most unloved color combo. In I bet that's a large part of the reason why it still hasn't sold. There are *very* few new LGT Limited 5MTs left in the country.

I swear, I had no intentions of getting a new car the day I walked in to the dealership. My '03 Forester XS was in fantastic condition, and the lease was going to be up in October '06 - at which time I thought I would likely buy it out and sell her privately. (Lots of highway miles, definitely going to pay penalties). I've had my eye on the LGT or OBXT for the next car, so I wanted to see one up close and personal... My girlfriend and I test drove an Outback VDC for some unknown reason.. no 5MT '06 LGT wagons or OBXT's anywhere on the lot. The VDC reminded me of a Town Car, but it was nice.

As we were on the way back to the dealer from the lot, I spied this brand new Regal Blue 5MT '05 LGT.. charcoal cloth, no hole in the roof - and it was a stick!! After much discussion over the next week, and many extras thrown in.. I got the car for $22,095 before tax and title!

Included: Auto-dimming compass mirror, armrest extension, rear cargo net, (crappy) square cross-bars and the ski attachment.

$27,095 on the sticker (mirror and net were in the car)

No charge for extra goodies

$24,095 sale price

MINUS $2000 customer cash back

$22,095 for this stealthy, all-weather, unique, shiny-blue ass-kicking wagon.

Let the mods begin...

I thought I got a smoking deal but now I'm wondering a bit:

2005 Legacy GT w/ 5EAT...compass and perimeter alarm included. The only remaining non-LTD GT in the state of Arizona.

MSRP $28,200

Invoice $26,100

Dealer sold for $450 below invoice

$2,500 March 2006 rebate

$23,150 was my purchase price before taxes, title, registration etc.

Finally, I had $1600 in Subaru bucks so my final purchase price was $21,550. How much did I overpay on the $23,150 price? $500?? I'm exluding the Subie bucks in that question since many people would not have those dollars to use.

I thought I got a smoking deal but now I'm wondering a bit:

2005 Legacy GT w/ 5EAT...compass and perimeter alarm included. The only remaining non-LTD GT in the state of Arizona.

MSRP $28,200

Invoice $26,100

Dealer sold for $450 below invoice

$2,500 March 2006 rebate

$23,150 was my purchase price before taxes, title, registration etc.

Finally, I had $1600 in Subaru bucks so my final purchase price was $21,550. How much did I overpay on the $23,150 price? $500?? I'm exluding the Subie bucks in that question since many people would not have those dollars to use.

you got a good deal too. I got mine for 22k(give or take couple of dollars) before tax, title and tags. It also came with momo shift knob and sti pedals. I just added auto dimming mirror for $100 and leather for 1k from katzkin.

Seriously people, Out The Door price is meaningless because there are too many variables from state to state to consider. Just post your actual vehicle SALE price so you can compare apples to apples.

How is 20K even possible? Considering invoice was around $26K. Even if you got the factory rebate in March of $2,500...the dealer would have sold it $3,500 below invoice? I've read holdback is around $1,000 so they took a $2,500 loss on the car??? Difficult to comprehend.

yeah how is 20k possible? I want to see the copy of the contract. it seems too good tobe true. no dealer's going to sell the car with losing couple of thousands of dollars. but if u can show me the proof, i'll take it all back.

Hi! PDX-LegacyGT: I am going to get a 2006 Outback SE with Navigation system or (6DB) Outback 2.5i with auto or Legacy SE wagon, can you tell me where did you get your vehicle and whose's this salespeople?

I am going to get a Subie soon in Portland area and want some opinions where can save more on this subie.

Carr, Wentworth,Gresham, Lithia, Dick or Royalmoore?

BTW Carr wants to sell me a 2005 LGT auto (atlantic blue) for around $22,990, but this is a demo and looks bad, what's the chance can I get it for 20K?

Thank you. a newbie

Easy..... 5500 rebate on a left over '05, Internet Fleet Sale and I told him with destination and Charge I wanted it for $20k flat.

he worked it.

BTW, this was the 2nd car I bought from him.

I'm just having hard time believing you because I dont remember there being a 5500 rebate on 05 LGT(when?) so can you just post copy of your "bill of sale" stating you did get the car for 20k?

Thanks.

A dealer near me has two Legacy GT Sedans left over from '05. I'm also curious about the $5500 rebate, because the only thing I can find online is a $2500 rebate.

Help me out here, because I'm planning on trying to buy this thing cheap!

Archived