LegacyGT.com

Peak Coolant(long life)

Bought Peak Long Life "Full Strength" Coolant(2 gallons). Now does this need to get mixed with water or can I just pour/use it right away? If it needs water then I only need one gallon, right? This coolant should be fine to use on the car?

My 05 has had Prestone in it since I did the timing belt at 95,000 miles. I bought one gallon and mixed it 50/50 with tap water.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Someone had posted in another thread at one point that Peak is the OE for Subaru coolant and that the long life is identical to Subaru coolant.........

I really doubt the truth of that statement.

What I wrote in the maintenance sticky:

Some new asian formula coolants are available from Beck Arnley:

Extended Life Blue (for Subaru)

Extended Life Pink

Red Concentrate

Green Concentrate (for Subaru)

http://www.beckarnley.com/bafluids.html

Subaru owners now have a choice of 5 different asian formula coolants, 2 from Subaru, 2 from Beck Arnley, and 1 from Zerex.

O.k I went and exchanged it for the 50/50 coolant. It says it's good for 5 years. Now should I believe this or change it every 2-3 years like always?

it doesnt hurt to change every 3 years

At this point in the cars life, you'll most likely have some reason that will cause you to have to replace the coolant anyway's in 3 years.

Or you will no longer have the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I really doubt the truth of that statement.

What I wrote in the maintenance sticky:

Some new asian formula coolants are available from Beck Arnley:

Extended Life Blue (for Subaru)

Extended Life Pink

Red Concentrate

Green Concentrate (for Subaru)

http://www.beckarnley.com/bafluids.html

Subaru owners now have a choice of 5 different asian formula coolants, 2 from Subaru, 2 from Beck Arnley, and 1 from Zerex.

Let not forget about good old Prestone green, buy the one gallon bottle and mix it 50/50 with water. You can buy distilled water from walmart or just fill a gallon milk jug with tap water and let it sit with the top off for a couple of day's and use it.

just fill a gallon milk jug with tap water and let it sit with the top off for a couple of day's and use it.

That's not at all how distilling works. That would make the impurities more concentrated, if anything, as some of the water evaporates.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived