LegacyGT.com

'94 rs - cel 66

aim

Hey there fellas,

I've got a 1994 JDM Legacy RS with an EJ20H TT (newly bought, literally only done apporximately 20k in the car...). I was driving it the other day, and I was accelerating away from an intersection. Anyway, I got to approximately 110kph (70mph) and it cut the throttle and threw up a CEL. I pulled into my mates driveway and tried to figure out wtf just happened.

Found a guide on the net and figured It was code 66. I reset the ECU and drove around lightly for a bit - the car didn't throw any CEL up so I figured it was ok for the moment so I jumped in my old mans B4 and went down the subaru dealership for some Upper Engine Cleaner. Which I admitted to the engine, after I'd installed the UEC, I took the car for a spin...

I got on the open road and tried a 0-100 (0-60mph) take off. Took me a grand total of over 15 seconds... wtf? Now I realise it's not going to be a sub 5 second car and it has a 4eat, but over 15 seconds? I may as well have bought a honda Jazz...

Can anyone help me with a diagnosis? I was told it's probably a vacuum leak with one of my blow off valves, is there a way to be sure? or possibly the primary turbo wastegate seizing?

Hey guys, sorry to be a bother again!

But I've removed the BOV (I think) or rather the re-routing valve or whatever its called. It's just to the right of the intercooler. I assume I've got the right component. attached are some pictures to make sure.

Red arrow indicates hose I removed it from - There were two others coming from it's top and side that I also removed.

http://imgur.com/CrNcql.jpghttp://imgur.com/jCFbSl.jpg

My question how would I got about cleaning it? I assume I only clean this one? As the other is hard to access and apparently is not your conventional BOV...

I did remove the AFM - but I don't really know what I'm looking for. It looked ok, and a I know mechanic thought the BOV was a more likely cause.

Ok... So I really have no idea what's wrong...

When I've got my head in the engine bay... I can't even hear my turbos spooling/or whirling... I'm gonna assume that's probably very bad... They were spooling the other day. However they were very loud and still provided no boost... any idea what's up?

Anyone? Noone's replied, does noone seriously have no idea? :(

Archived