LegacyGT.com

can an off duty cop actually send u tickets in the mail?

rapture

im in pa btw.

just had some nut job in a benz flash a badge at me and ask if i was a cop?

i laughed at him and he said he was gonna mail me a bunch of tickets??!!

seriously even if i did receive any ticket in the mail....pretty sure any lawyer could beat that bs.......rite?:redface:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im in pa btw.

just had some nut job in a benz flash a badge at me and ask if i was a cop?

i laughed at him and he said he was gonna mail me a bunch of tickets??!!

seriously even if i did receive any ticket in the mail....pretty sure any lawyer could beat that bs.......rite?:redface:

Cops think they can do whatever they want so be careful. I had a bunch of cops show up to my house 8 cars total and give me tickets because some guy in a honda civic told them i was speeding for miles. when i went to court the DA said that the man in the civic was a known member of the community and that he believed him over me( 19 at the time). I didnt have a lawyer though.

hahaha this dude was a total tool bag too.

i really wasn't driving crazy i always use my turn signals

i was mostly in one lane the whole time

i def wasn't speeding it's a stretch of road called columbus blvd./delaware ave.

there's alot of lights so you cannot even get into 4th gear between most lights

i think it's a 35 or 45 speed limit

idk what i did that was soo bad ? i think hes just a pissed off juice head cop that was mad cause my lgt shit all over his benz...... like he kept asking if i was a cop. before he said anything else.....so what it's ok if i was ???

in retrospect i should've just rolled up my windows.

hahaha this dude was a total tool bag too.

i really wasn't driving crazy i always use my turn signals

i was mostly in one lane the whole time

i def wasn't speeding it's a stretch of road called columbus blvd./delaware ave.

there's alot of lights so you cannot even get into 4th gear between most lights

i think it's a 35 or 45 speed limit

idk what i did that was soo bad ? i think hes just a pissed off juice head cop that was mad cause my lgt shit all over his benz...... like he kept asking if i was a cop. before he said anything else.....so what it's ok if i was ???

in retrospect i should've just rolled up my windows.

Was this a Philly cop? I wouldn't worry about receiving tix in the mail.

i really couldn't say?

he didn't look familiar and he just flashed the badge it was kinda a wallet type?

have no clue where he's from. other than some mild launching i really didnt even understand what he was soo pissed off about. he acted like i just robbed his mom...

pretty sure cops don't make shit.

and this was not a trooper.

aside from the fact that i've been living in philly for a loong time and you really gotta do some dumb shit to get pulled over by a real philly cop. like they have soo many real problems to deal with, like murder ,robbery, crack heads, dopeheads, theft......etc. this dude was just a total hater.

he acted like i just robbed his mom...

:lol:

yea some cops are just born with sticks in their ass.

had some guy going down the highway next to me all pissed off again for no reason at all yea i was going 80 in a 65 but not driving stupid and i was going with flow of traffic. and we exchanged a few sign language lessons. and then he pulled next to me and pulled out his phone pointed to it and started laughing then called the cops...:spin: so your breaking the law using a non-handless cellular telephonic device to call the cops on me for my driving...

:lol: thats what i would have done. that or would gave him a dead serious look and said yes i am.

"I'm federally employed" can be a good counter - then he has to figure out what that means.

And if you are on unemployment benefits that may in a way actually be true.

453747.png

Cops are technically on duty 24/7 and yes they can arrest you if they see you commit a crime. Usually they will hold you until uniformed police arrive and they will take it from there. Ask me how I know. :(

As far as one sending you tickets in the mail I would doubt that would happen.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

How do you know?

Many years ago I was doing burnouts in front of a friends house (69 427 Corvette) little did I know that a policeman lived five or six doors down the street. He heard the noise and ran into the street in his street clothes with his badge and gun drawn. He stopped me in the middle of the street while a neighbor called it in. The uniformed police showed up shortly and I learned a valuable lesson. The police have the power to stop/arrest you if a crime is being committed even if they are not in uniform or on their regular shift.

btw they let me go with a stern lecture.

I also have some friends currently on the police force and they carry their guns and badges at all times.

This is my personal experience your results may vary.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

yea i dont think some people should be cops though. i believe they have to much authority and alot of them get a power trip. i knew a cop that used to carry his gun in the waist of his pants and hang his shirt on it like he was a gangster or something :lol:. if you have family or friends that are cops i mean no disrespect but i think alot of them are douche bags and they need to be brought down a notch.

short story..

driving down I70 towards baltimore, md. doing the exact posted speed in slow lane w/ cruise on. and cop pulls me over for my tint. which i will admitt is illegal. but come on you dont have something better to do then waist a half an hour pulling me over because i got dark tint to keep the sun out of my daughters eyes and keep my car cooler. get outta here.

You just admitted your tint is darker than the legal limit. Gives the officer a reason to pull you over and see if you are a drug runner or something. Sometimes drug dealers take their kids with them to sell dope. So you are mad at the officer because he pulled you over for doing his job?

short story..

driving down I70 towards baltimore, md. doing the exact posted speed in slow lane w/ cruise on. and cop pulls me over for my tint. which i will admitt is illegal. but come on you dont have something better to do then waist a half an hour pulling me over because i got dark tint to keep the sun out of my daughters eyes and keep my car cooler. get outta here.

Think how pissed off he was that he had to waste half an hour pulling you over because you knowingly decided to break the law by putting tint darker than the legal limit on your car. Don't you know he has better things to do? Maybe he just wanted to get home and spend time with his daughter. Guess what, it is his duty to issue citations when you break the law.

no i didnt even have my daughter with me. and its not like my tint is 5%. and saying that him pulling me over for my tint because i may be a drug runner is "ok" would be like saying its ok for him to pull over a spanish driver because they may be an alien. or that its ok if he pulls over a middle eastern because he may be a terrorist. it all goes back to the fact that most of them are on a power trip. and cops more than anyone are stereotypical. they pull people over for stereotyped reasons. its not his job he could be doing something better with his time like catching rapist and killers.

Archived